Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National 12 Stage

National 12 Stage

Anybody else doing this?

Rossendale have got a really strong team...with my current state of fitness I'm scared of being slowest leg.

Re: National 12 Stage

I am doing it. We have an ok team.

I woud post Sales team but someone at the club already thinks I have posted it on letsrun.com All I can say is that it was not me. Maybe ask other members of your own club before you decide to blame me.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

I'm running leg 7 for Trafford. Team is good, but missing a number of our best runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I am doing it. We have an ok team.

I woud post Sales team but someone at the club already thinks I have posted it on letsrun.com All I can say is that it was not me. Maybe ask other members of your own club before you decide to blame me.
    Anyway, why the secrecy....how can other clubs gain an advantage by knowing who's running?!

People seem to like to keep teams a secert. I suppose other clubs might plan runners around others running order in order to minimise gaps opening up and not being able to catch up again.

I am on leg 5.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

People seem to like to keep teams a secert. I suppose other clubs might plan runners around others running order in order to minimise gaps opening up and not being able to catch up again.

I am on leg 5.

Last leg for me, but then everyone already knows that... don't they RR

I am on leg 5.
    If someone is that worried about the opposition, then they haven't got a hope!

I haven't even made the B team!!

Lads Leap for me on Sunday instead I reckon!

Don't underestimate the impact that tactics can have on this event. We got burnt last year when we accidentally took the lead early! Its not just catching you have to worry about - we were too far ahead and it turned it into a time trial for most of us - easier to run fast when you have a carrot dangled in front of you.

The strongest team would normally win but bad tactics can cost you the race if you're unlucky and taking account of what other teams do is a part of that.

So always best to play your cards close to your chest I reckon.

And with that in mind I'm saying nothing more!

Don't get me started on runners that can't run flat out in a time trial!

What more motivation could you need than a national medal to get the best out of yourself?

What about a bit of personal pride as motivation? Who wants their team mates running faster legs than you, or anyone else for that matter. Is it only me that doesn't think, "I didn't have anyone to chase" is a valid excuse?

Running is about getting the best out of yourself when it matters as much as it is about running fast times, if you don't have 12 athletes that can do that under all circumstances, then you probably don't deserve to win.

I'm not really directing that at your Club TF, I've just heard far too much of, "X ran faster than me, but they were on leg 1" or "I'm on last leg so won't run a fast time." recently. It's all bollocks, just sort your head out and run.