Page 402 of 553 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Iain, i was not refering to you or most united fans it's just usual three who make those comments. I have been following you and Danbert's comments and enjoy doing so. Now regarding united I could not believe that won the prem' with that team. Fergie is to blame He got Moyes the job. A manager who has won nothing and has shown he limited tactic ability. He has already spent a lot money on average players and if you think you can bring in top top players you will need top top money for fees and wages. Anyway i hope he keeps his job! What manager would want to go there with Fergie looking over there shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by duncz View Post
    Iain, i was not refering to you or most united fans it's just usual three who make those comments. I have been following you and Danbert's comments and enjoy doing so. Now regarding united I could not believe that won the prem' with that team. Fergie is to blame He got Moyes the job. A manager who has won nothing and has shown he limited tactic ability. He has already spent a lot money on average players and if you think you can bring in top top players you will need top top money for fees and wages. Anyway i hope he keeps his job! What manager would want to go there with Fergie looking over there shoulder.
    Well he won has much as Rodgers has so far..

But I think Evertonians especially are way too harsh on Moyes. He took over when they were relegation candidates season after season... and had no money. He left with them in a stable situation constantly top 5-7th.. on no budget.

I think Klopp will go, if you watch the link that's what Klopp is like, extremely animated quite opinionated and will stand up to Fergie.

Whilst fergie picked Moyes I dont think you can say he has watched over his shoulder, he's been very very quiet.

Re a lot on average players? Who? You mean a lot on Felliani? I'm not sure we can class Mata as average.. Chelseas best player for 2 seasons and a proven quality player.

We won the team because we were the best team.. it was very simple, our form last season was incredible and despite this seasons issues we've been about the best team in the league away from home. So reduce all the home losses and we'll comfortably be back in the top 4.. I dont think there is any reason to panic.

We've dropped so many silly points this season, yes lost all the big games but have dropped silly points at home against teams who wouldnt touch us normally at OT.. Everton and Spurs especially..

But who would have thought Liverpool would walk the league this year. OK Rodgers has bought in but much of that team is the same team as Hodgson and King Kenny had, I'd day Reina is better too. But Johnson Skertel, Agger, Henderson, Sterling, Flanagan, Lucas have all stepped up under Rodgers..

Just shows what a manager can do..
    Last edited by IainR; 21-04-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Banned
    Iain,

In all seriousness I think there are too may established players who have bigger ego's than team ethics.

If he is to sort it out he needs to wield the axe and bring players in who are loyal to him.

Remember when Cloughie tried to do it at Leeds and this is the same principle.

It is either he goes or 5 or 6 players go.

The problem with him going means the players score a victory and that's the start of a downward spiral as you then have the tail wagging the dog.

May I be the first to congratulate Burnley on their relegation from the Premier League next season

Eight months too late but thank f**k he's been binned. He should have been sacked after his pathetic "expect more days like this" after the Berties beat us 4-1.
    Who cut your hair, Stevie Wonder?

I'm not sure.. if someone like Klopp came in then Klopp would wag..

But its cheaper to replace Moyes than the squad. But I dont think he had them at the end, RVP has been awful all season.

We'll see, I suspect this is it. But we've lost to almost every rival and at OT.. Spurs and Everton..

Europe suited him but in the league we were too defensive. I think had we gone down fighting more he'd have stood a chance. Under Fergie we cheated and faught our way out of trouble, almost any loss was also 1-2 red cards.. this season we seemed to accept losing.

I think we'll rid a few bad eggs anyway. There are some players like Evra who are great when things are good but you need out when they aren't.. keen an obvious one too.

I think the older players have let him down, the established pros. Not sure about him and giggs if they had strategically opposing ideas, Giggs attacks.. but the rest were off their pace and effort levels for sure.

Has Paddy Crerand fallen off the face of the earth?

There was a time when he seemed to be on the radio here in Ireland non stop, with his boorish and nasty attitude. Which was accepted when he beloved were winning all round.

Would like to hear him now as Liverpool look like strolling to the title and his beloved ManU appear to be in chaos.

Iain - The bit you're looking for is 2:43 into the clip.

To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Sure Danbert.. you're just worried we'll get Klopp as then you won't get him... when will City make the call on Pelligrini? The man who has actually won very very little despite managing top teams.. the man who won nothing at Real Madrid..

Crerands always on MUTV..

We'll see.. obviously the club have money to spend so if they wont back Moyes with it then there was no point continuing. It was very much either back or sack..

I'm surprised they've not made a statement yet so we'll see but when rumours are this strong its normally true.