Page 42 of 553 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    fantastic results and Drogba even got the golden boot off Rooney so the spoilt get and Man U get nowt. priceless!!!!
    now just want Morecambe and Blackpool to win the play offs
    Fantastic atmosphere at Christie Park on Saturday. 3rd highest ever attendance there behind the two FA Cup 3rd round ties against Weymouth and Ipswich and i was at all 3. Jim Bentley clattered their centre forward in the last minute which caused a right fracas including all their bench. Their manager was so wound up he interrupted Jim's interview with Sky 10 minutes after the match shouting abuse at him. Could be interesting if we both get to the play off final.

By the end of yesterday they had sold 1200 tickets already for the play off semi final. Time for revenge over the Daggers. They beat us on a penalty shoot out the first time we ever got to the Conference play offs 7 years ago
    Last edited by Richard Head; 10-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Half Time

Chelsea 0 Pompey 0

If Chelsea had a kitchen sink it would probably have hit the post as well
    Pompey are not complaining though
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Half Time

Chelsea 0 Pompey 0

If Chelsea had a kitchen sink it would probably have hit the post as well
    Pompey are not complaining though
    Chelski 1 Pompey 0
    But Pompey could/should have had scored twice

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Either away or thrown himself into the canal.
    Think we've all been really kind to Will.....not mentioning you know what from the other night. Until I did just now that is. Reckon he should buy this to cheer himself up.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2010...247585_2055779

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Think we've all been really kind to Will.....not mentioning you know what from the other night. Until I did just now that is.
    No need trying to disguise it. A mullering against an older, more experienced and physical side who stopped us playing and rose to the occasion in front of 15,000 hooligans.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

We managed to sign off at Chrisite Park with a last minute win last night. Off to the new stadium next season. The diggers will move onto Christie Park on Monday and it will soon be another Sainsburys

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    We managed to sign off at Chrisite Park with a last minute win last night. Off to the new stadium next season. The diggers will move onto Christie Park on Monday and it will soon be another Sainsburys
    Hmm....2-7 on aggregate. I like the fact that you are clearly a glass half full rather than half empty type of football supporter

Quote Originally Posted by WillMarsh View Post
    No need trying to disguise it. A mullering against an older, more experienced and physical side who stopped us playing and rose to the occasion in front of 15,000 hooligans.
    They're not the most lovable of characters are they. Probably a bit like us I'm sure you would say.

One thing that suprised me though was why you had such a poor crowd at the Galpharm last Saturday. I definitely thought that you needed to take a lead from your home leg to stand a reasonable chance of going through against Millwall given their record at The New Den. So a large passionate crowd behind you might have helped.

Anyway, your team is young as you say and I'm sure you will be challenging next season.
    Last edited by Muddy Retriever; 21-05-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Hmm....2-7 on aggregate. I like the fact that you are clearly a glass half full rather than half empty type of football supporter
    After the 6-0 drubbing on Sunday there were some optimists around here who thought we could still get through but i wasnt one of them. The best we could hope for was to sign off 89 years at Christie Park with a win on the night.

For those of us who have supported them through the Lancashire Combination, Northern Premier League and the Conference, finishing 4th in this League seems like a dream. Would have been nice to round it off with another trip to Wembley but it wasnt to be this year.

They're not the most lovable of characters are they. Probably a bit like us I'm sure you would say.

One thing that suprised me though was why you had such a poor crowd at the Galpharm last Saturday. I definitely thought that you needed to take a lead from your home leg to stand a reasonable chance of going through against Millwall given their record at The New Den. So a large passionate crowd behind you might have helped.

Anyway, your team is young as you say and I'm sure you will be challenging next season.
    Spot on. Attendance and atmosphere was terrible. It was much better when we played them in the League earlier in the season. I think because it's Millwall, many of the families (after all we are a so-called family club) didn't turn up and so this led to a fairly poor crowd.

We definitley needed a good lead to take to the Den of a couple of goals or so. I have never seen hooligans like it - throwing bottles across at us at our place, one of which hit a guy down the row from me and cut his forehead open. Disgusting lot - not fit to go anywhere. Then they all complain as to why they are hated so much! Leeds fans aren't in the same League as Millwall fans.

Still, next season looks bright. We've started our dealing in the transfer market already - 400,000 for a Scottish midfielder, seeing off interest from Southampton. Good luck in the Championship.
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!