Page 401 of 553 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Welcome to the real world.

United are shit and will remain so for a good number of years.
    we'll see.. i doubt that.. the club is very healthy, great business model, good aged squad.. we need 2-3 players for sure, another vidic and a center mid are crucial.

Graham.. no idea.. I think the players have let Moyes down to some extent, slacked off as they know Moyes gets it in the neck, not them.. I'm not convinced he has 100% of the dressing room, however I dont think there is any huge division.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    we'll see.. i doubt that.. the club is very healthy, great business model, good aged squad.. we need 2-3 players for sure, another vidic and a center mid are crucial.

Graham.. no idea.. I think the players have let Moyes down to some extent, slacked off as they know Moyes gets it in the neck, not them.. I'm not convinced he has 100% of the dressing room, however I dont think there is any huge division.
    Thanks.

Did you mean healthy or wealthy? Wealth will turn them around.

Lowest finish by the previous season's champions: 7th, Blackburn (1995–96)

• Leeds were defending champions in 1992–93 and finished 17th, but they were technically the Division One holders rather than the Premier League holders due to the League's reorganisation.

Well anything is better than 17th!

Unlike "small town club" Blackburn, Man.Utd are too big a BUSINESS to fail (an expression usually read on the pages of the Financial Times) and things will be sorted.

It would be interesting to see if the mental attitude (sporting success is more a mental process than a fitness or technical skill issue) of the current team would change if Ferguson were to roar back over Moyes' corpse.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

A norwich side fighting to survive. And why do you have to insult the liverpool fans calling them bin dippers etc. Just shows you know know nothing about football. When united throw out the long serving supporters and create the insulting area will you be first for a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by duncz View Post
    A norwich side fighting to survive. And why do you have to insult the liverpool fans calling them bin dippers etc. Just shows you know know nothing about football. When united throw out the long serving supporters and create the insulting area will you be first for a seat.
    Don't worry about it dunc, just a bitter united fan who thinks they have a divine right to win the league every year but reality has bitten him in the arse

Quote Originally Posted by duncz View Post
    Hey dunc, football has become to posh and middle class for my liking and is no longer THE great game it was. Remind me what the "Liverpool fans" did at old Trafford in the FA cup semi final a few years ago? Richard might know. Liverpool fans the most respected, the most knowledgeable, and the most comical fans in Europe... well a trip through Stanley park wasn't a bundle of joy in the 70's or 80's. The Munich song in a wall of noise to another defeat at Anfield. There has always been a fierce rivalry between the clubs that should never become friendly. What do the saintly scousers call us? I bet it isn't very nice.

Richard is right, enjoy your title after all and grudgingly you deserve it. I resect rich as a Liverpool and football fan. He knows the score, an 70's and 80's boy like me. I respect the Liverpool club for it's history and traditions. I defended it from a plastic Chelsea fan a few months ago who claimed they was bigger than you. Above all I respect the Liverpool people for the way they bravely said no to Thatcher and her devastating betrayal of their city.

But football has become all latte coffee since the fat man who fiddled millions from the Italian people sang that horrid opera song. It's become a girls game played by multi millionaire softies who roll all over at the sight of another player fifteen yards away. The same can be said of Today's football fans, ready to give players stick but when the player gives it back they are ready to call the police. Grow up dunc its the internet and if din dippers offends then wait until you start work.
    Marxist Leninism is a weapon of the workers

i was was born 5 minutes away from Anfield and have supported them as long as i can remember.I stood on the kop through the sixties and seventies. In 1985 i got my season ticket( i still have it).The kop was fantastic but as time went on there was less singing and chanting but more about abusing players and away fans.Liverpool have there idiots who call themselves suppporters as does all clubs.I have been to Old Trafford and been chased by utd supporters.Liverpool is a working class club and always will be. I am grown up enough not to use the forum to insult other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Thanks.

Did you mean healthy or wealthy? Wealth will turn them around.

Lowest finish by the previous season's champions: 7th, Blackburn (1995–96)

• Leeds were defending champions in 1992–93 and finished 17th, but they were technically the Division One holders rather than the Premier League holders due to the League's reorganisation.

Well anything is better than 17th!

Unlike "small town club" Blackburn, Man.Utd are too big a BUSINESS to fail (an expression usually read on the pages of the Financial Times) and things will be sorted.

It would be interesting to see if the mental attitude (sporting success is more a mental process than a fitness or technical skill issue) of the current team would change if Ferguson were to roar back over Moyes' corpse.
    I meant healthy in terms of our business model, there's very few clubs in the world set up for sustainable success.

So whilst i understand the issues with debt we are a well run business and I actually like the fact we separate football and business.. it prevents the risdales from living a dream and going beyond the means.

We've lost our invincibility.. that was worth a few points a season alone... teams used to almost give in when we got a goal back.

Ferguson knew it, his standing on the touchline tapping his watch, was in his words, a way to let the opposition know that it was the time when we score..

Re the bin dippers.. Dunc: I never used that term and don't. But lets not start pretending Liverpool fans are beyond reproach.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/graf...-30184680.html

This was 25 years after Hillsborough and someone decides thats the correct time to daub that...

I just hope United either give Moyes a season or go young and give it to Klopp or someone that age. Not a Van Gaal

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...german-3343349

I like Klopp, he's very much his own man, and think he'll leave Dortmund as they are just a feeder club so think Kloop will be off. I'm not sure Barca will give the job to a German..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-failure.html

Suggesting Moyes is going..

Can't say I'm surprised.. if we'd taken points at the Everton, City or Liverpool games he'd have been OK but we needed a strong finish to the season.

Hope that's true Ian. But if he is given the summer and money then he she should be backed for one more season. Klopp is the man if we can get him

Hope that's true Ian. But if he is given the summer and money then he she should be backed for one more season. Klopp is the man if we can get him