Page 511 of 553 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Burnley Season tickets held for I think 4 seasons now. Early bird price now for next year from £329 in Jimmy McIlroy stand behind the goal.
    Not bad £17.30 per game.

What's Cov?

On the VAR, I was at Turf on Saturday which saw a couple of the weekend controversies.

I think Bournemouth were very hard done to with the first VAR, I think the 2nd was a clear handball.

The worst decisions in my opinion were the two stamping incidents. How they were not deemed red cards is beyond me.

I think VAR needs a review because as it stands it is killing the game as a spectacle.

The real football story at Turf was the wind. I have sat through some foul weather matches but never seen anything that affected the game recently as much as the wind on Saturday.

First half Pope took some goal kicks that were blowing back towards him before they landed.
    Second half we dominated.

Untitled.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I think Cov season tickets may have been in the region of £250 this year, which for 23 games is exceptional compared to a lot of other teams. (it's 12 quid a game on the gate at one of my local non-league teams, a couple of divisions below the Vauxhall Conference)

Of course, we are not currently playing in Coventry, and there's uncertainty over when we will return, or where we'll be playing next season.

Burnley…. Went there once in the Championship, I think it may have been around 2007ish.... awful weather, M6 absolutely chocka... diverted into Accrington to find some lunch and couldn't even find a chippy open at gone midday on a Saturday lunchtime.

Up into Burnley and parked in that estate of terraced houses across the Brunshaw Road from the ground. There was a rough old pub in those streets, probably not there any more... as myself and my brother entered, a group of about 4 Cov fans were being "asked to leave", so the presence of us Cov fans arriving was not exactly welcome...

As for the game, it's the only game I've ever been to where I left early at 2-0 down in the 90th minute (we missed another 2 goals as Adi flipping Akinbiyi scored two in injury time to make it 4-0.

Pretty much par for the course for a CCFC away game really...

How much for a Burnley ticket? Jeez that’s steep!! That’s 5 pairs of running shoes!!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

James Hargreaves Stand Block 3 Lower for us WP, £20 for over 65's. Having not been to a Premier League match for years me and a mate started going again last season and loving it. Spurs next week is our fifth at Burnley, also one each at North End, Morecambe, Celtic and England v Croatia.

Just got back from over 50's five a side tonight, trying to recapture my lost youth

Banned
    Well well well Watford 3 - 0 win over liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Well well well Watford 3 - 0 win over liverpool
    They don't like it up em
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Read an interesting stat this morning that only liverpool and city have gained more points than spurs since Mourinho took over.

Read an interesting stat this morning that only liverpool and city have gained more points than spurs since Mourinho took over.
    Spurs were awful in the first half at Turf Moor yesterday, two half time subs improved them a bit, just about deserved a draw

Coventry City? Stoke City? Leicester City? Lincoln City? Norwich City?

Which one Stagger. Perhaps it is that arrogant cheating one that believes, in football terms, it has sole use of the word City.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Correct. The mancs