Page 403 of 553 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Sure Danbert.. you're just worried we'll get Klopp as then you won't get him... when will City make the call on Pelligrini? The man who has actually won very very little despite managing top teams.. the man who won nothing at Real Madrid..

Crerands always on MUTV..

We'll see.. obviously the club have money to spend so if they wont back Moyes with it then there was no point continuing. It was very much either back or sack..

I'm surprised they've not made a statement yet so we'll see but when rumours are this strong its normally true.
    Ferguson should resign as a director. The person who choose this f**kwit of a manager is ultimately responsible for this abortion of a season .

In any business a staff member responsible for such a calamity would have the decency to resign.
    Who cut your hair, Stevie Wonder?

True, Rodgers has won nothing but his team has improved way beyond what we expected. City should be the champions now with the players they have.Pelligrenni seens a decent bloke but has made mistakes. Money is nothing to the arabs it's about kudos ,look at my team! The yanks are business and won't be happy spending money. Moyes did maintain Evertons position in the prem it was same tactics every yearand kept coming up with the same complaint,on money.Matinez always played good football at Wigan and has continued at Everton ask any Evertonian how much better and entertaining they are. Well done Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Sure Danbert.. you're just worried we'll get Klopp as then you won't get him... when will City make the call on Pelligrini? The man who has actually won very very little despite managing top teams.. the man who won nothing at Real Madrid..
    I'm totally convinced he's the right man for us. In fact, amongst the many City fans I know, everyone I consider to know their football feels the same.

You don't have to be a football genius to manage a top top club. Alex ferguson is proof of that. You need to be intelligent, sensible, sensitive and manipulative: a leader. I think he is all of these things so as long as he has the right players he will fulfil City's ambitions. And our squad is excellent, and only a couple,of signings away from Europe's best.

It doesn't matter how this season finishes, and I retain hope that the title is not lost, we have moved forward significantly in every single area, and that's enough to give him a mandate to carry on moulding the club his way.

I trust him totally to deliver the goods.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Burnley promoted...

General - I wish you could just try and be a little more civil with your postings. Whether I agree or disagree with your message, it's put in a vile, horrible, nasty way and adding a sprinkling of %^& doesn't detract from the tone of the message.

It's a public forum. I wonder if you are so low in real life without the protection of anonymity?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Burnley promoted...

Will they be allowed to bring their banjos in with them?

Well done the Clarets - I've always had a soft spot for them and they'll give the rags a competitive derby next season

Frightened already - I can smell the fear
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Jackal View Post
    Hey dunc, football has become to posh and middle class for my liking and is no longer THE great game it was. Remind me what the "Liverpool fans" did at old Trafford in the FA cup semi final a few years ago? Richard might know. Liverpool fans the most respected, the most knowledgeable, and the most comical fans in Europe... well a trip through Stanley park wasn't a bundle of joy in the 70's or 80's. The Munich song in a wall of noise to another defeat at Anfield. There has always been a fierce rivalry between the clubs that should never become friendly. What do the saintly scousers call us? I bet it isn't very nice.

Richard is right, enjoy your title after all and grudgingly you deserve it. I resect rich as a Liverpool and football fan. He knows the score, an 70's and 80's boy like me. I respect the Liverpool club for it's history and traditions. I defended it from a plastic Chelsea fan a few months ago who claimed they was bigger than you. Above all I respect the Liverpool people for the way they bravely said no to Thatcher and her devastating betrayal of their city.

But football has become all latte coffee since the fat man who fiddled millions from the Italian people sang that horrid opera song. It's become a girls game played by multi millionaire softies who roll all over at the sight of another player fifteen yards away. The same can be said of Today's football fans, ready to give players stick but when the player gives it back they are ready to call the police. Grow up dunc its the internet and if din dippers offends then wait until you start work.
    I've been trying to explain to my son in law what it was like as a football fan in the 70's Carlos. Standing on the terracing (no roof at some grounds - Coventry & Carlisle spring to mind), no segregation, running the gauntlet trying to get back to the station, football specials, Wednesday afternoon FA Cup replays (the power cuts of the early 70's might even be before your time mate), the passion of groups of working class lads going together to matches home and away ever week can never be repeated