Page 108 of 553 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Nah, I reckon they'd still finish above you.

I want Redknapp for England but then part of me thinks about the last time we had a popular "motivator" as England manager.........Kevin Keegan! Would the same thing happen again?
    From what I've seen of Harry Redknapp's teams, they seem to play good football, and he seems to understand the game and how to change it, control it, etc. I don't think Kevin Keegan ever really had that.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    From what I've seen of Harry Redknapp's teams, they seem to play good football, and he seems to understand the game and how to change it, control it, etc. I don't think Kevin Keegan ever really had that.
    I think you're probably right Noel, at least I hope so. But do you remember Keegan's swashbuckling Newcastle team in the mid 1990's? They weren't too shabby!

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post

Given completely free reign, personally I'd love to put Ferguson in charge, that would get people plaing properly as I think he is the best current manager (not Wenger, who to me is still God but a close second to AF)
    After the incredible job he's done at Manchester United over the years, there is only one man for the England job........Howard Webb.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    After the incredible job he's done at Manchester United over the years, there is only one man for the England job........Howard Webb.
    Don't take a man away from his one true love!

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post

Spawny Mackem gets :angry:

Looks like Redknapp wants the job for the Euros looking at the news this morning - I can't see that working.

Imagine - he picks the squad. Does he include players like Dawson, Lennon, Defoe .... Spurs have quite a few players that I would suggest are fringy squad players at the moment.
    If he picks them he'll be accused of favouritism (and on that matter does he make Parker captain?)
    If he doesn't pick them, he will then have a group of sulky players when he goes back to Spurs for the 2012/13 Prem season.

If he gets the job, I think it will have to be on a full time basis with a contract up to the 2014 World Cup.

I'm not convinced that he is the right man either. I'd actually like to see someone like Moyes get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Looks like Redknapp wants the job for the Euros looking at the news this morning - I can't see that working.

Imagine - he picks the squad. Does he include players like Dawson, Lennon, Defoe .... Spurs have quite a few players that I would suggest are fringy squad players at the moment.
    If he picks them he'll be accused of favouritism (and on that matter does he make Parker captain?)
    If he doesn't pick them, he will then have a group of sulky players when he goes back to Spurs for the 2012/13 Prem season.

If he gets the job, I think it will have to be on a full time basis with a contract up to the 2014 World Cup.

I'm not convinced that he is the right man either. I'd actually like to see someone like Moyes get it.
    Jesus WP watching England was boring enough under Capello god knows what they'd be like if Gollum was in charge...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    Jesus WP watching England was boring enough under Capello god knows what they'd be like if Gollum was in charge...
    I have to agree. Fair play to Moyes for what he's achieved at Everton, but not for England, thanks.

We've got the players to challenge (not necessarily win) at the big tournaments, they just need a good kick up the backside. Is Redknapp the man for the job? Why not, he's certainly got Spurs working hard and playing good football.
    Geoff Clarke

Not English but English speaking, I've always rated Martin O'Neill, doubt he'll ever get the chance to manage England but I'd love to see him at Leeds and have done for years.