Page 141 of 543 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 5421

Thread: Tonight's football thread

  1. #1401
    Master that_fjell_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    High Bentham
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Ahem!...its back in the mix!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

  2. #1402
    Master TheHeathens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Makes it interesting again, but we're a game less to end of the season and we can still lose the derby and win it

  3. #1403
    Master that_fjell_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    High Bentham
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    True. Man U still favourites. Its all the psychology now I guess, and Ferguson, like him or loathe him has a way with him! But thats also got to gee City up a wee bit!! Where's Danbury tonight, thought he'd be on like a robbers dog!?
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

  4. #1404
    Master TheHeathens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    True. Man U still favourites. Its all the psychology now I guess, and Ferguson, like him or loathe him has a way with him! But thats also got to gee City up a wee bit!! Where's Danbury tonight, thought he'd be on like a robbers dog!?
    Probably creaming his trousers that we're back in the same position we were a week ago!

  5. #1405
    Master Danbert Nocurry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up above the streets and houses
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Probably creaming his trousers that we're back in the same position we were a week ago!

    I see Wigan had a good goal disallowed and had to play 9min 42 sec of fergie time, the ref tried hard but he failed tonight.

    As for us - it's too late. We showed tonight however, that we are much better at coming from a position of adversity.

    The sad thing is i genuinely believe we will once again anhihilate Baconface and his bunch of old lags and chancers on the 30th but it won't be enough.

    Our problem (apart from the referee factor) is that the two prime candidates for Bacon face's piss stained throne happen to manage two of the teams we are relying on to put up a fight. It just wont happen.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

  6. #1406
    Master Witton Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    8,412

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    I see Wigan had a good goal disallowed and had to play 9min 42 sec of fergie time, the ref tried hard but he failed tonight.

    As for us - it's too late. We showed tonight however, that we are much better at coming from a position of adversity.

    The sad thing is i genuinely believe we will once again anhihilate Baconface and his bunch of old lags and chancers on the 30th but it won't be enough.

    Our problem (apart from the referee factor) is that the two prime candidates for Bacon face's piss stained throne happen to manage two of the teams we are relying on to put up a fight. It just wont happen.
    Great result tonight but even old Hansen had to admit that United didn't get the breaks tonight.

    Anyway back to the great result - I have been hoping for the 3 down to be Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn. I'm sure that as I am a Burnley fan you can understand 2 of them. Wolves are just because I've found McCarthy irritating over the years and it was time they went.

    That's looking much more likely after tonight's results.

  7. #1407
    Master IainR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    6,098

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    I see Wigan had a good goal disallowed and had to play 9min 42 sec of fergie time, the ref tried hard but he failed tonight.

    As for us - it's too late. We showed tonight however, that we are much better at coming from a position of adversity.

    The sad thing is i genuinely believe we will once again anhihilate Baconface and his bunch of old lags and chancers on the 30th but it won't be enough.

    Our problem (apart from the referee factor) is that the two prime candidates for Bacon face's piss stained throne happen to manage two of the teams we are relying on to put up a fight. It just wont happen.
    Keep up the negativity...

    City were 7 points clear.. this was and is City's to lose..

    keep up the abuse...

    Re the goal.. DG was fouled.. personally I'd have gone straight through the man, knees through the kidneys, scream in pain myself, then go down in a ball.. De Gea needs to learn the British game.. we may dive.. but we kick the shout out of the number 9 first.. :-)

  8. #1408
    Master Danbert Nocurry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up above the streets and houses
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Keep up the negativity...

    City were 7 points clear.. this was and is City's to lose..

    keep up the abuse...

    Re the goal.. DG was fouled.. personally I'd have gone straight through the man, knees through the kidneys, scream in pain myself, then go down in a ball.. De Gea needs to learn the British game.. we may dive.. but we kick the shout out of the number 9 first.. :-)
    Bloody hell.!!!!! Typical City :wink:

    6-1 are the magic numbers!
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

  9. #1409
    Master Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Must be a bit of a sickener for City that it looks like Tevez could've been the difference between winning the league and not.
    Geoff Clarke
    Lancaster Runners

  10. #1410
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bentham
    Posts
    580

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    King Kenny lives on!!!
    bit like London buses, never been to the new Wembley and going there 3 times this season and will be there for the charity shield hopefully next season (against City)

Similar Threads

  1. Football ...
    By ZootHornRollo in forum General chat!
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
  2. Tonight's Gig
    By Manhar in forum General chat!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
  3. Today's NO FOOTBALL THREAD!
    By The Landlord in forum General chat!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-05-2009, 07:55 PM
  4. Football
    By Roger Rabbit in forum General chat!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:31 PM
  5. Football
    By Roadrunner in forum General chat!
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 13-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •