Page 189 of 553 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Think City are just wiping their arse and are ready to flush.

Slur Alex took 2/3 years to get past the groups with you lot

Wenger has been manager for 13 years and he still hasn't won it and doesn't look like he's going to anytime soon.

For 2 years in a row we have been given bloody hard groups, we could have ended up with Lille, Porto, Clujj and in my opinion safely through, but through no fault of our own we have ended up with 4 bloody league winners in our group. You need luck as well to win the competition, look at Chelsea for example.

Mancini has guided us to our first Premier League trophy in 44 years, and undoubtedly the main aim for this season is to retain our title.

We have seen much darker days than this. Without the bitter the sweet isn't as sweet - which is something most United fans have no concept of.

PS - it's the first anniversary of the 6-1 this weekend :w00t:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post

Mancini has guided us to our first Premier League trophy in 44 years, and undoubtedly the main aim for this season is to retain our title.
    P45 not far off now.

There's no doubt the group City are in is a tough group, but Ajax should be seen as the whipping boys and not City and you would expect them to be picking up 9/10 points from that group.
    People discuss the quality of the groups every year - this is the premier world football competition, with a higher level than the world cup. There's no pushovers in any group. Malaga, Zenit, PSG, Shahktar...all playing like top class sides - yet not big clubs.
    Look at even how Celtic, the biggest ever UK odds against in a Champions League game, almost pulled of a result at Barca.

So moaning about being in a tough league is a red herring, they're all tough. Current form is more an issue.

Wenger has had his time - they need a fresh start.

City have definitely looked weak in the Champions League this year. Playing well they'd give anyone a game, shame we're unlikely to see it this year.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    P45 not far off now.

Why Stagger? We are the champions and remember it took Bacon Face a while before he won the Champions League.

In all honesty, any City fan calling for Mancini's head quite simply can't have supported City long enough to know real disappointment.

Banned

Why Stagger? We are the champions and remember it took Bacon Face a while before he won the Champions League.

In all honesty, any City fan calling for Mancini's head quite simply can't have supported City long enough to know real disappointment.
    I'am not calling for his head, neither am I a city fan.
    I just think the owners are like the chelsea owner and think a bloke get 1 or 2 at the most chances to show progress in Champs league and your boys have now failed big time twice.
    There will be a bloke near an oil well sharpening the axe as we type.

Danbert..

I'll call Mancini Mancini.. maybe its just decency... up bringing..

Remember why Mancini left Inter.. him and the CL don't sit well together..

Fergie took United from nothing, spent but not ridiculously and at the time of a ban, we had to learn to play in Europe.. Mancini has a team of CL winners and has spent £100's of millions.. incomparable.

Slur Alex took 2/3 years to get past the groups with you lot

Wenger has been manager for 13 years and he still hasn't won it and doesn't look like he's going to anytime soon.

For 2 years in a row we have been given bloody hard groups, we could have ended up with Lille, Porto, Clujj and in my opinion safely through, but through no fault of our own we have ended up with 4 bloody league winners in our group. You need luck as well to win the competition, look at Chelsea for example.

We have seen much darker days than this. Without the bitter the sweet isn't as sweet - which is something most United fans have no concept of.

PS - it's the first anniversary of the 6-1 this weekend :w00t:

both groups were tough, but you should have qualified last year, and should this year..united had a tough group in 99..

Last night city were awful.

Iain - Having waited 35 years for a trophy and 44 years between league trophies I'm sure I can wait a little longer for European and world domination. :w00t:

Everton 2 - Liverpool 2

Liverpool have a last minute goal disallowed for the wrong reason A good derby match that. That's the warmup game out of the way lets hope the Chelsea-Man U main event is as entertaining.
    No country for old men.