Page 191 of 553 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Sounded like a goalfest at Reading last night. I missed the match but fortunately have it recorded.
    Enjoy it when you watch it Alf. The best bit is when at the end of normal time, 4-4, two Arsenal players throw their shirts to the away fans. Then they are told there is extra time and they have to go and ask for them back.

This thread is now up to 191 pages, and this is the first time I've felt moved to mention Bradford City.

I know it's important to keep our feet on the ground at times like this. But I think last night's victory shows we'll* be mixing it with the elite of Europe in a few years' time.

When City win, it's "we". When they lose it's "them". That's the advantage of being a part-time fan.

Clattenburg-gate could be huge..

But it sounds like he said Mikel in a geordie accent and Mikel took that as Monkey.. but with the FA under pressure for racism I think he could well swing regardless of actual guilt...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Crescit View Post
    Enjoy it when you watch it Alf. The best bit is when at the end of normal time, 4-4, two Arsenal players throw their shirts to the away fans. Then they are told there is extra time and they have to go and ask for them back.
    They got the shirts back from the crowd :thumbup: The Arsenal fans creeping out when they were 4-0 down must be kicking themselves now. Great entertainment, though there was some dodgy defending in there and with 2 good penalty shouts turned down they could have had another goal each.
    No country for old men.

Just the 9 goals in the Chelsea - Man Utd match a bit boring really compared with Reading/Arsenal
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Just the 9 goals in the Chelsea - Man Utd match a bit boring really compared with Reading/Arsenal
    Nani.. unbelievable.. last minute and tries to beat his man.. tbf chelsea deserved it, we were lucky to finish with 11 men as both centre backs should have probably gone by the letter of the law. Good refereeing for once in general, good call by the liner by Rafaels clearance of the goal line, it was a goal.

Happy enough, some good young players, hernandez is looking sharp.

Pleat was an idiot on 5 live talking about disrespect by clubs like United of the cup, then praising fergusons mix of youth and experience when we were 3-2 up after 90 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Clattenburg-gate could be huge..

But it sounds like he said Mikel in a geordie accent and Mikel took that as Monkey.. but with the FA under pressure for racism I think he could well swing regardless of actual guilt...
    I think the word farce was invented for situations such as this.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    If we've learnt anything from football in the last 12 months it's that you can call anyone anything as long as you later claim you put a question mark on the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    This thread is now up to 191 pages, and this is the first time I've felt moved to mention Bradford City.

I know it's important to keep our feet on the ground at times like this. But I think last night's victory shows we'll* be mixing it with the elite of Europe in a few years' time.

When City win, it's "we". When they lose it's "them". That's the advantage of being a part-time fan.
    I have a sneaking suspicion this might actually be the only mention of the mighty Bantams on this thread?! For those of us who sneaked off training & ventured across to the DW Stadium, it was a night to remember!
    Bring on the Arsenal! They didn't beat us at Valley Parade in our brief sojourn in the Premiership....! Windass free-kick round the wall & nestling in bottom corner of Seaman's goal - check it out on You Tube!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Chelsea are such an upstanding club though, United against racism and felt compelled to act..

Talking about shooting yourself in the foot...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...y-Welbeck.html