Page 28 of 553 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Re: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    The one consolation I can draw from yesterday is that your goal was a fair one, not a 96th minute highly controversial penalty - now that would really have made me explode.

3 times we have gone head to head with you this season and been beaten by a last-second goal. If you'd have been as low as we've been over the years you'd know that constitutes real progress.

Also consider... that the despot has been at the swamp for almost a quarter of a bloody century where-as Bobby Manc has only been here 4 months. Some of the tyrant's team have been playing for him for over a decade now(Giggs, Scholes, Ratboy etc), most of ours have been recent acquisitions.

We all knew it was going to take time, and time is the one thing we have in abundance. You lot, the detestable scum, do not have that luxury.

So all things considered, yes it was a bad day for us yesterday, particularly with Spurs winning. But it's not over yet. We are capable of winning all our remaining games (and maybe drawing at the Emirates)' so 4th place is certainly not out of our hands.

Tick Tock

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post

Enjoy your moment The Heathens.

Personally I take consolation from the following:

(i) At long last we have a good team - yes, it might not get 4th, but it is loads better than the crap we're used to and it will be improved in the summer

(ii) The buying policy seems to be sensible - AJ, Boateng, di Maria etc are the right 'type' of player to be looking at

(iii) We are still in with a great shout for 4th. Losing the derbies in such awful fashion hurts like hell, but will it really matter if we finish 4th? No, not at all.

(iv) We're nearly there - we are knocking very loudly on the door and sooner or later (probably sooner) we will bash it in. And you know it.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Enjoy your moment The Heathens.
    Oh I will.

Personally I take consolation from the following:

(i) At long last we have a good team - yes, it might not get 4th, but it is loads better than the crap we're used to and it will be improved in the summer
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...h-place-finish

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Manc
    "It is imperative we finish in fourth because we can change the way we are going.

"It would put us in the Champions League next year and that would make it easier to get the players we want."
    (ii) The buying policy seems to be sensible - AJ, Boateng, di Maria etc are the right 'type' of player to be looking at
    See above quote - they're the type of player that you're looking at assuming you're not going to qualify for the Champs League

(iii) We are still in with a great shout for 4th. Losing the derbies in such awful fashion hurts like hell, but will it really matter if we finish 4th? No, not at all.
    You've changed your tune! You are in with a good shout as we have to play Tottenham and so do you, but Spurs are the form team at the moment.

(iv) We're nearly there - we are knocking very loudly on the door and sooner or later (probably sooner) we will bash it in. And you know it.
    Do you know I've been hearing that all my life but I'm still waiting for City have to win a major trophy in my lifetime.

This seasons stats for Utd show Played 4 Won 3. NFT.

Do you know I've been hearing that all my life but I'm still waiting for City have to win a major trophy in my lifetime..

Indeed.........The loyalty shown by City fans over the last three decades is inexplicable, intangible. For me it's about sentiment, commitment and passion. In many ways we have been prisoners to these feelings and to the club colours.

Incidentally i also reckon United fans are prisoners. They are prisoners of results and if the results don't follow i don't think the fans will either.

Anyway.... regardless of whether we finish fourth or not we have still made huge strides forward in a relatively short space of time.

We have to remain patient which is tough but we'll never get a better chance to build something special and long-lasting.

The blue moon is rising and I believe we will get it right but if we do f**k it up then what have we lost really? We were sh*t before and no doubt we may be shit again but we'll always be City and we'll always be proud.

This club gets into your soul and under your skin in a way that no United fan could ever understand and boy does it hurt when it kicks you but we all know and always have done that one day our time will come. We're nearly there.
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 19-04-2010 at 02:06 PM.

This club gets into your soul and under your skin in a way that no United fan could ever understand
    Sorry Danbert but that's absolute cr@p.

Sorry Danbert but that's absolute cr@p.
    Over the last two decades, City, despite all our ups and downs, have remained a football club with loyal and true supporters, United, however, have turned themselves into a designer label and as we all know fashions come and go

Over the last two decades, City, despite all our ups and downs, have remained a football club with loyal and true supporters, United, however, have turned themselves into a designer label and as we all know fashions come and go
    Over the last SIX decades Utd have had the highest average attendances apart from when OT was being redeveloped and one or two years when Liverpool were top dogs. That included our stint in the old division 2.

Tell me Danbert, why did you only get 3007 for a first team game against Mansfield in 1998? FC Utd regularly get more than that for a Unibond game; could you see Old Trafford ever being that empty? Where were your loyal fans then?

City fans are sell-outs - You let your club be sold (without protest) to a human rights abuser in Shinawatra. Top fans.
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 19-04-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Tell me Danbert, why did you only get 3007 for a first team game against Mansfield in 1998? FC Utd regularly get more than that for a Unibond game; could you see Old Trafford ever being that empty? Where were your loyal fans then?

As it happens I was 1 of the 3007 and what you conveniently forget to mention is that the crowd of 3007 was for an Auto Windscreens Shield game when we were in Division 2, and that Joe Royle played mainly his fringe players that night. With no disrespect to the lower division clubs and the AWS, it isn't a competition that is going to get City fans excited or many other fans for that matter, in much the same way as the Full Members Cup failed to attract decent crowds at any ground when it was in existence.

Incidentally where was your biggest league crowd ever?

As it happens I was 1 of the 3007 and what you conveniently forget to mention is that the crowd of 3007 was for an Auto Windscreens Shield game when we were in Division 2, and that Joe Royle played mainly his fringe players that night. With no disrespect to the lower division clubs and the AWS, it isn't a competition that is going to get City fans excited or many other fans for that matter, in much the same way as the Full Members Cup failed to attract decent crowds at any ground when it was in existence.
    3007 is still extremely poor for a first team game; Utd got more English fans travelling to the US for a pre-season tour. City fans are the self styled best fans in the world but Old Trafford would never be that empty whatever the level of the game.

Incidentally where was your biggest league crowd ever?
    What's the relevance of this question? It was 61 years ago!

You know it's at Maine Rd but would easily have been beaten by now if we didn't have all seater stadiums. When Utd extend OT over the railway then it'll go, so within the next decade.

Incidentally, when we were in division 2 and you were in division 1 our attendances were 15,000 better than yours, but we only have glory hunters don't we!? ;-)

, but we only have glory hunters don't we!? ;-)

Yes - the majority of whom don't even come from Manchester

Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 20-04-2010 at 08:55 PM.