Page 302 of 553 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

The AVB decision looks weird when you consider they are above United in the league, but if you're getting thumped 5-0 and 6-0 in close succession by your supposed rivals and losing 3-0 at home to West Ham then clearly something isn't right.

Clearly it was going to take a while for the team to gel, especially with the amount of overpaid players they brought in, but some performances have been genuinely appalling and the manager has to take responsibility for that.

The players yesterday looked like they weren't playing for him - they were down to 10 men but there was no effort to even look proud in defeat. They just limply surrendered to the inevitable and if that's what the coach is instilling in them perhaps he had to go.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

There's a few.. Everton and then Saints and Newcastle look strong.. with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea a bit known. The most open season for a while. Chelsea look at long way off the old Mourinho team, too many of them are now getting past it.

I think City are favourites.

As I said, a cup, a last 4 last 8 in the CL and top 4 will be a decent start for Moyes.

Cup game wednesday could be crucial, need to win that. Fergie used the cups a few times to keep the winning mentality going, give the players confidence. I think Moyes will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Clearly it was going to take a while for the team to gel, especially with the amount of overpaid players they brought in, but some performances have been genuinely appalling and the manager has to take responsibility for that. .
    OK I'll admit this one is your area of expertise...

but I'm not certain if it was Baldini who picked the players.

AVB has gone from the brightest prospect in football management to finished in 120 games..

It's the second dressing room he has lost now..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post

It's the second dressing room he has lost now..
    Spurs should've ordered a portacabin, they could've got changed in there until someone handed it in
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Gianfranco Zola resigns at Watford

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Gianfranco Zola resigns at Watford
    I wonder where he's going

AVB gone...

Shocking.. in touch of CL place..

They sell his best player, he spends 100 million quickly, the team look unbalanced, but what did they expect...
    I tried to explain to my missus that she needn't feel too sorry for him because they will have to pay up the remainder of his contract so he will be sat at home earning millions for doing eff all. She said if they are paying him anyway why don't they give him a few jobs to do round the ground

Well God's just taken Aguerro from you.. so hes got a sense of humour anyway..

Shocked at AVB.. they sack Redknapp for finishing 4th, only missing out on CL qualification because of an unbelievably lucky final win by Chelsea..

And now Sack AVB after selling his best player. I want to know who the buys were? AVB's or Baldini's...

Not sure who will go next.. Capello? Could do a job but it wont be the Spurs way, he's not a fluid coach.

Hoddle? I'm not sure about him, out of the game for a long time..
    Capello 11/4 Laudrup 3/1 Hoddle 7/1 with Sky Bet. Klinsmann could be worth a bet at 20/1

Just stuck money on Pochettino, they seem to like looking to Southampton, Hoddle, Bale, Richards, Redknapp had a stint there etc. etc,.

Good news for Danbert, AVB is 16/1 second favourite to be City's next permanent manager, Pep Guardiola favourite at 8/1