Page 303 of 553 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Aguero will get a rest and a few games under his belt before facing Barcelona. Calf injuries can be tricky though so they don't want to rush him back. It just just needs Suarez to pick up an injury and that should even the odds all round. I have a feeling that the other City forwards will step up to the plate though now just as Welbeck has done in van Persie's absence. Should be an interesting month ahead.
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Aguero will get a rest and a few games under his belt before facing Barcelona. Calf injuries can be tricky though so they don't want to rush him back. It just just needs Suarez to pick up an injury and that should even the odds all round. I have a feeling that the other City forwards will step up to the plate though now just as Welbeck has done in van Persie's absence. Should be an interesting month ahead.
    I'm not too worried about Liverpool.. they've had a good season, City and Chelsea haven't.. yet are still in the hunt.. City, on form, are the best at the moment, Arsenal have been good but will always drop points against the stronger teams. So far they have failed major tests.

Lets face if City had sorted there away form out this season would be all over now. Most years it would be. But City are still capable of silly performances away which have kept the league open.

I think Everton will struggle, we controlled the game against them but got caught out, but should have won that, at least a draw.. The Christmas period should sort the league out, I'll take 6th or higher come January 1st..

Has Fergie done a Busby?

Busby left United with a squad of ageing /average players and within a couple of seasons they were relegated!

So in comparison when Busby retired ( 1st time) 1969/70 Paul Edwards, Steve James, Carlo Sartori, Francis Burns, John Fitzpatrick, John Aston, Dave Sadler, Willie Morgan, relying on ageing Nobby Styles, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton, Paddy Crerand etc plus George Best (on the bladder) Brian Kidd, Alex Stepney and panic buy Willie Morgan .

Cleverley, Smalling, Anderson, Hernandez, Young, Fabio, Buttner, in comparison with those mentioned above and we take RVP and Rooney and Carrick I suppose as top class (like Best) Ferdinand,,Vidic, Evra,Giggs ageing and Panic buy Fellani.

Gotta say it looks very similar

Wilf McGuinness got Utd into two semi finals losing to City and Leeds narrowly.Finished 8th in the league.Which Moyes could very aspire to .

What do you reckon?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Has Fergie done a Busby?

Busby left United with a squad of ageing /average players and within a couple of seasons they were relegated!

So in comparison when Busby retired ( 1st time) 1969/70 Paul Edwards, Steve James, Carlo Sartori, Francis Burns, John Fitzpatrick, John Aston, Dave Sadler, Willie Morgan, relying on ageing Nobby Styles, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton, Paddy Crerand etc plus George Best (on the bladder) Brian Kidd, Alex Stepney and panic buy Willie Morgan .

Cleverley, Smalling, Anderson, Hernandez, Young, Fabio, Buttner, in comparison with those mentioned above and we take RVP and Rooney and Carrick I suppose as top class (like Best) Ferdinand,,Vidic, Evra,Giggs ageing and Panic buy Fellani.

Gotta say it looks very similar

Wilf McGuinness got Utd into two semi finals losing to City and Leeds narrowly.Finished 8th in the league.Which Moyes could very aspire to .

What do you reckon?
    Come on Danbert.. you know that is so wrong it is untrue...

The average age is about the youngest in the league. Vidic and Ferdinand are far from our number 1 defensive pairing at the moment.

We have just won the league.. that team won the league in 67.. and were relegated in 1974... a couple of seasons..

He retired in 1969... write that post again.. with some factual accuracies then I'll waste 10 minutes destroying its content.. I'll let you off because you posted at 7 am.. I normally expect a tad better from you..

Look Mackay will get sacked by the looks of it, that will be 6 managers of 20.. add you lot sacking your manager for finishing second and thats 7 managers sacked, Pulis 8, Benitez, Adkins.. 10.. 50% of the managers have been sacked in the last 12 months.. on top of that Moyes left to come to us. 17 managers have been in their jobs less than 2 years..

We are a club with class.. Moyes will get a good few seasons. I'm not sure about Felliaini, but I dont think Moyes was to blame for the summer, Gill was a huge loss.

City are the new Spurs.. over expecting, sacking their manager every 18 months..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Come on Danbert.. you know that is so wrong it is untrue..

Rimmer. De Gea
    Brennan. Rafeal
    Foukles. Evans
    Stiles. Vidic.
    Burns. Evra
    Morgan. Valencia
    Crerand. Jones
    Charlton. Carrick.
    Best. Wellbeck
    Law. Rooney
    Kidd. RVP

On the left Busby's last game
    On the right Moyes best team?

Much difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Rimmer. De Gea
    Brennan. Rafeal
    Foukles. Evans
    Stiles. Vidic.
    Burns. Evra
    Morgan. Valencia
    Crerand. Jones
    Charlton. Carrick.
    Best. Wellbeck
    Law. Rooney
    Kidd. RVP

On the left Busby's last game
    On the right Moyes best team?

Much difference?
    What? As in its 11 players?

Rimmer was young but no where near the class of De Gea.. brennan in his 30;s, so is Evra but Evra is playing well, Foulkes was playing his last ever match? or close to.. Burns was young, but Rafael is young and a class player.. Morgan decent age, but Valencia is different player..

In those days you retired at 31/32.. Crerand was on his last legs by then. Best was also. Charlton was never capped again and also well in his 30's, law was 30,

Come on.. you could do the same for City. It is incomparable

Danbert I'd respect these wild ideas if you'd not been spent the last 5 years going tick tock as trophy after trophy came through Uniteds doors whilst at City Manager after manager made the opposite journey...

I cant say your predictions have been wholey accurate at all... this one is another desparate attempt to knock United because you hate the fact the club has too much class to be a sacking club like City, so youlot try to instill fear.. and its just not happening.. and that worries you. we are a stable club, and thats your biggest threat, its something you cant offer.

I've got some man city supporting mates at work. On any subject you care to mention they're completely placid, reasonable and coherent - just laid-back, professional family men in their 40s. Get them onto ManU though and they become bug-eyed, foaming, vein bulging, ranting nutters.
    In fact I haven't seen a hatred for another team run so deep - even Leeds v Man U, Liverpool v Man U, Leeds v Chelsea, Chelsea v Millwall, Tottenham v Arsenal etc doesn't compare. It seems to be the combination of both the success and strutting arrogance of Man U and more importantly the belittling of City by Man U as being a complete irrelevance that most annoys the blues.
    Makes for some entertaining Danbert posts though.
    tick tock.
    @jasesteve

Quote Originally Posted by crowhill View Post
    I've got some man city supporting mates at work. On any subject you care to mention they're completely placid, reasonable and coherent - just laid-back, professional family men in their 40s. Get them onto ManU though and they become bug-eyed, foaming, vein bulging, ranting nutters.
    In fact I haven't seen a hatred for another team run so deep - even Leeds v Man U, Liverpool v Man U, Leeds v Chelsea, Chelsea v Millwall, Tottenham v Arsenal etc doesn't compare. It seems to be the combination of both the success and strutting arrogance of Man U and more importantly the belittling of City by Man U as being a complete irrelevance that most annoys the blues.
    Makes for some entertaining Danbert posts though.
    tick tock.
    Was it really that different to Liverpool bragging to United?

Generally the Man U city derby for me wasn't the same as Liverpool Man U.. but since I've been watching football, I'm 33 now, City haven't been up there apart from the last 5 years. So for me our rivalry with Liverpool was always greater. Its nasty with leeds but for different reasons.

City can never lay claim to being a top club.. Liverpool can.. they are our rivals.. city are the annoying oik in the corner wanting attention... that should rile Danbo some more.. :-)

.. and that worries you. we are a stable club, and thats your biggest threat ..
    You may be stable but it looks as though the horse has bolted!

What? As in its 11 players?

Rimmer was young but no where near the class of De Gea.. brennan in his 30;s, so is Evra but Evra is playing well, Foulkes was playing his last ever match? or close to.. Burns was young, but Rafael is young and a class player.. Morgan decent age, but Valencia is different player..

In those days you retired at 31/32.. Crerand was on his last legs by then. Best was also. Charlton was never capped again and also well in his 30's, law was 30,

Come on.. you could do the same for City. It is incomparable

I wouldn't say its incomparable.

New manager after a supposed legend retires.

Young back four Kopel Burns James Edwards Greenhoff to replace and ageing defence Brennan Foulkes Stiles .

'Promising ' forwards Kidd Gowling Sammy Mac ,Sartori.

World class player George Best.

Crerand, Law, Charlton almost finished.

It's only hindsight that tells us the so called promising players weren't good enough, and the club at the time definitely didn't invest in top class players, and the manager didn't survive.

It's funny how history has a canny way of repeating itself.

Tick tock.

Spot on Crowhill, spot on.