Page 377 of 553 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

So!! we support us thick and thin…

Olympiakos were rubbish tonight and tactically suicidal. Galatasary weren't much better last night. Better hope United gets Chelsea in the Quarter Finals its the only way either of them will get in the semis. A 40 year old midfielder and a keeper that saves with his legs are the best players on the pitch! embarrassing, totally embarrassing!
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Olympiakos were rubbish tonight and tactically suicidal. Galatasary weren't much better last night. Better hope United gets Chelsea in the Quarter Finals its the only way either of them will get in the semis. A 40 year old midfielder and a keeper that saves with his legs are the best players on the pitch! embarrassing, totally embarrassing!

Greek team shit away from home shocker...

From a country notoriously shit away from home...

Re keeper save legs.. Jennings!! Schmeichel!!

Try to be more ignorant of histories best keepers.. it would make it more fun.

Throw a lot at Man U.. DG saves with his legs??? having a ****ing laugh mate!

I think you underestimate Chelsea. It may not be pretty, but think they have the manager with the best ability to grind out results.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Re keeper save legs.. Jennings!! Schmeichel!!
    ...Les Sealey.

Try to be more ignorant of histories best keepers.. it would make it more fun.

Throw a lot at Man U.. DG saves with his legs??? having a ****ing laugh mate!
    Agreed. The aim of the game is to keep the ball out of the net, I don't care what part of the body is used. He could use his nut sack as long as it stays out.

Its never going to happen but it would be so funny if the top 3 in the league are Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal whilst City finish fourth. United win the Champs league to deprive our City brethren of the Champs League spot.

That's very BITTER.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    ...Les Sealey.
    Agreed. The aim of the game is to keep the ball out of the net, I don't care what part of the body is used. He could use his nut sack as long as it stays out.

Its never going to happen but it would be so funny if the top 3 in the league are Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal whilst City finish fourth. United win the Champs league to deprive our City brethren of the Champs League spot.
    It doesn't concern me either how a keeper stops the ball going in the back of the net.
    I did say de Gea together with Ryan Giggs were united's best players. Giggs produced
    a couple of sublime passes that resulted in united goals and de Gea kept a poor
    Olympiakos side out at the other end of the pitch. The fact that de Gea had to
    scuttle around all over the place saving with whatever part of his body was
    available was a reflection on the united defence and all the holes in it.
    That was the point I was making.
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    That's very BITTER.
    Definitely!

I am a Manchester lad who would be proud to see a good United side play a good City side in the champions league final. Instead we have managers in charge at both clubs that are not up to the jobs. With Pellagrini you feel like you should give him a cup of tea and a biscuit and sit him in a quiet corner somewhere and let Brian Kidd get on with it. With Moyes he is like a deer caught in the headlights. A very small manager lost at a big club and he can't cope.
    No country for old men.

Definitely!

I am a Manchester lad who would be proud to see a good United side play a good City side in the champions league final. Instead we have managers in charge at both clubs that are not up to the jobs. With Pellagrini you feel like you should give him a cup of tea and a biscuit and sit him in a quiet corner somewhere and let Brian Kidd get on with it. With Moyes he is like a deer caught in the headlights. A very small manager lost at a big club and he can't cope.
    Interesting you say that about Pellegrini. I've got a lot of mates who are season ticket holders and they seem to rate him - most of them anyway.

I still think we owe Moyes another season and at least until Christmas but I do admit to wavering a little and I won't be too upset if he goes over the summer.

Guus Hiddink is talking about managing in England next year but Spurs being the favourites.