Thread: Tonight's football thread

Banned
    City back on track for the title???

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    A Chelsea and City win today ?
    I should have put a few quid on it
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Are Halifax Town the form team with 9 wins and a draw out of their last 10 matches?
    Not much to chose from in the Conference play offs Stags, Halifax & Grimsby both have some nasty violent fans, Gateshead play in an athletics stadium where you need binoculars to see the players so hopefully it will be Cambridge

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Not much to chose from in the Conference play offs Stags, Halifax & Grimsby both have some nasty violent fans, Gateshead play in an athletics stadium where you need binoculars to see the players so hopefully it will be Cambridge
    I agree more Richard about the Hx fans. Complete numpties. I was pleased to see them relegated for that very reason.
    BUT
    The fruit cakes still followed the club.
    My son won't go for that reason. Shame but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I agree more Richard about the Hx fans. Complete numpties. I was pleased to see them relegated for that very reason.
    BUT
    The fruit cakes still followed the club.
    My son won't go for that reason. Shame but true.
    http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/s...town-1-3881069

This was just round the corner from us, then there was more trouble when they played at Chester

Well done Chorley F.C on their 2nd promotion in 3 years. Only 2 more and the magpies are in the football league. Could it happen? Recent years have seen the likes of Accrington and fleetwood achieved league football from the depths Chorley are rising from. Unbelievably in the early 70,s Wigan Athletic were Chorley's rivals.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Well done Chorley F.C on their 2nd promotion in 3 years. Only 2 more and the magpies are in the football league. Could it happen? Recent years have seen the likes of Accrington and fleetwood achieved league football from the depths Chorley are rising from. Unbelievably in the early 70,s Wigan Athletic were Chorley's rivals.
    Moyes is available. Underated manager I reckon
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Andrew, I think Chorley are pretty happy with the job Gary Flitcroft is doing. Anyway, Mr Moyes will be far to busy counting his money.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    game on....

Great end to the season for the neutrals...
    If we beat Everton we will win it IDP. Goodison has been a bit of a graveyard for us in recent seasons so now is the perfect time to put that particular ghost to rest.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    That was in the days before there was automatic promotion into the Football League, clubs had to be elected into the League (after many failed attempts, one year Wigan even applied to join the Scottish League) In my early days watching Morecambe, they along with Chorley and Netherfield were the powerhouses in the Lancashire Combination but once the Northern Premier League was formed none of them made much impact.