Page 470 of 553 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    The armchair Premier League fans could never understand the feeling you get at moments like that
    Dead right there m8
    Morecombe messed up my coupon ;P Didn't see that coming Bury had been in fine form!
    Pools were really unlucky to get beat yesterday, Southend were the best team ive seen at the vic this season, but we matched them just couldn't find the net :/ Luckily those below us suffered similar fates
    Away trip to York this Saturday, we sold our 2500 allocation within a day or two, going to be buzzing, I know plenty who have tickets for the home end too :-0 Cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Away trip to York this Saturday, we sold our 2500 allocation within a day or two, going to be buzzing, I know plenty who have tickets for the home end too :-0 Cant wait
    York holds fond memories for me Rev, it was my first big away trip as a young lad when Morecambe, then in the old Lancashire Combination drew 0-0 at York in the FA Cup 1st round eventually going down in a second replay at Maine Road. It was 40 years before I returned for another 0-0 in the Conference play offs in our promotion year

York's always a cracking trip. Lovely town and a proper old football ground. I have particularly fond and clear memories of a 1-0 away win. Our winner was scored by Andy Watson, into the goal in front of us. He curled a shot from around 25 yards into the top corner and (I have the youtube evidence to prove this) I was the first person in the Walsall end to realise it was going in. You clearly see me jump up to celebrate a second before the rest of our end :-)
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Oops, just checked it out....it was 2-1 and it's lovely how memory plays tricks - that 25 yarder was more like 15 yards! Still a cracker of a goal though!

blog

I've only just realised that my avatar is then captain, now manager Jim Bentley after our Conference play off win against York in 2007. I'm pretty sure that forumite Mr Ricepudding is a York fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    York's always a cracking trip. Lovely town and a proper old football ground. I have particularly fond and clear memories of a 1-0 away win. Our winner was scored by Andy Watson, into the goal in front of us. He curled a shot from around 25 yards into the top corner and (I have the youtube evidence to prove this) I was the first person in the Walsall end to realise it was going in. You clearly see me jump up to celebrate a second before the rest of our end :-)
    Do you ever get to watch Fort William mate? Many years ago before I had any interest in fell running I saw them play Muir of Ord, little realising that years later I would be back running round the pitch at the start and finish of the Ben race

I guess Wolves manager Kenny Jackett is having a couple of days off to go to Aintree because he was sat on the next table to us in a restaurant near Lime Street station last night, then him and his missus (at least I hope it was his missus) walked down to the Empire to see Dirty Dancing

To my shame, I've never gone along to Claggan Park to watch a game yet. I keep meaning to, but with a 1 year-old to look after, time is in short supply! I almost went on Wednesday and decided I couldn't be bothered with the 30 minute drive....shame, as it was what the Lochaber News called a "4-4 thriller". I'll get there at some point. When my lad was young, as well as watching Walsall, we used to follow non-league Bridgnorth and head off to tiny grounds around the Midlands. If my wee girl fancies it, we might end up doing the same with the Highland League.

Kenny Jackett deserves a day or two off. As much as I dislike the Dingles, he's done a fantastic job at the Custard Factory (despite their so-callled supporters calling for him to be sacked earlier in the season!) and have every chance of getting in the play-offs.

blog

I guess Wolves manager Kenny Jackett is having a couple of days off to go to Aintree because he was sat on the next table to us in a restaurant near Lime Street station last night, then him and his missus (at least I hope it was his missus) walked down to the Empire to see Dirty Dancing.

Not my idea of fun but Kenny deserves a little R & R having got WW back into a play-off place.

I watched Wolves when they were the greatest football team in the world (OK OK that is a few years ago now) and given half a chance I'll tell you how I sold the 1939 Wolves v Arsenal programme (it was my father's!) for £320 on ebay.

i s: horses, a show
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Good game to watch this afternoon was the Manchester derby.

utd on to with city only playing in short bursts.

Will be looking for a new manager in the not too distance future.