Page 499 of 553 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48140118

Bizarre story. Apparently a player from Leeds cheated. Must be the first time ever. I hope this doesn’t affect how football loving neutrals all over the world feel about the club when they return to their rightful place in that Premier League soon
    Must be fake news. You can't trust the BBC.

Super Moderator
    Must be fake news - there’s no mention of the nice bloke with the upside down pail

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Must be fake news - there’s no mention of the nice bloke with the upside down pail
    He's done a fantastic job this season even if it does all end in tears.

In the melee i'd noticed the Leeds player go down for absolutely no reason, and wondered why it hadn't been picked up by anyone, but I guess it had been spotted, and quite rightly punished.

As to the main controversy, even the most half-arsed sunday league player knows that you play to the whistle... Villa only had themselves to blame I can't see why they were so angered... and I can see even less why Leeds then let them walk it in...

Equally bemusing is Liverpool fans crying through their keyboards about Suarez... They loved him when he played for them, even wore t-shirts to defend his actions... yet he plays his 'normal' game against them and they are up in arms. A significant majority of them really are the worst bunch of self-entitled fans in the country (actually Sunderland are up there with them).

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    As to the main controversy, even the most half-arsed sunday league player knows that you play to the whistle... Villa only had themselves to blame I can't see why they were so angered... and I can see even less why Leeds then let them walk it in...
    You're right and I think we are seeing it more and more that teams play on when an opponent is down injured. I suppose playing devils advocate Villa would argue that Tyler Roberts the Leeds player who received the ball out on the wing looked to be shaping to kick it out. He then changed his mind and passed it to Klich who went on to put it in the back of the net. Perhaps it's a pity Bielsa ordered the Leeds players to let Villa score because it would have been nice to hear John Terry afterwards lamenting the lack of fair play!

Ultimately I don't think it will matter that much in the general scheme of things. Even if Leeds had beaten Villa the automatic promotion slot had gone barring a mathematical improbability. Leeds should finish third unless they lose at Ipswich and West Brom win at Derby (who need a result themselves).

Yes it looks like it will not matter in the grand scheme of things, but it sets a dangerous precedent.

Whilst I am moaning about all things football... fans (of all clubs) who quite rightly moan about the plague of diving and cheating in the game, but scream blue murder for penalties/free-kicks/etc when one of their own has obviously dived/cheated/kicked the ball out/etc...

I wonder if Bielsa would have been so generous had Leeds still been in with a chance of automatic promotion?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I wonder if Bielsa would have been so generous had Leeds still been in with a chance of automatic promotion?
    And would the players obey him? As it was Jansson was decidedly reluctant!

Banned
    Leeds and man u both sign of regular season with massive let down in performance.

Banned
    Brilliant goal by Kompany