Page 500 of 553 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Both Ray Houghton (talk Sport) and that arse Carragher (on the tv) seem to be disgusted with Suarez.... shame they, and the Liverpool fans, couldn’t be so disgusted with him when he played for them... instead they wore t-shirts to defend his biting/racism/etc....

Suarez’s diving is “not acceptable in England”..... can’t argue with that... but they are strangely quiet when Salah does it every week...

Really hope Barcelona turn this round...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Really hope Barcelona turn this round...
    Have to disagree.

What an amazingly comeback from Liverpool. Nearly didn’t watch it as I thought there was no chance. But really glad I did. To be fair they didn’t deserve to lose 3-0 last week.

Banned
    Rather have English clubs in the final every time.

Are they really an English club (indeed are any of the top 6...?)

4 Liverpool players who started tonight are English... foreign owners.

That’s the way football is these days... premier league is basically a global league that happens to be played in England.... i do admire those who put being English before everything else... but I think for football fans who have followed their respective teams home and away for years, it’s a lot harder to put club rivalries aside, just because they are from the same country...

I doubt many fans of Italian clubs would have been shedding too many tears when Ajax knocked Juventus out...

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but WOW! What a result, at such a stage, against such a team. "Historic" is an overused word in football, but...

Banned
    They play in the English league.

Fleetwood and Halifax aren't just good enough yet.

My only wish is man u never win it again. Commuter fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Are they really an English club (indeed are any of the top 6...?)

4 Liverpool players who started tonight are English... foreign owners.

That’s the way football is these days... premier league is basically a global league that happens to be played in England....
    That’s very true. Actually having four English starters is much more than average these days. But to be honest many of us passionately support our local sides even though they very rarely have more than a one or two players from the area and that has been the case for many a year.

Liverpool are not my team but I must admit to always having a soft sport for them. I think it might be because of their antipathy towards Man U😃.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I'm not a Liverpool fan, but WOW! What a result, at such a stage, against such a team. "Historic" is an overused word in football, but...
    I am a Liverpool fan Noel and I'm ecstatic by that win. I thought we were mostly brilliant in the away leg, but somehow got beaten by some Messi magic, but that turnaround tonight was something incredible - and achieved by a team without many of its key parts, fuelled by belief and desire. Liverpool have been immense this season and hopefully will get some reward for the effort they have put in. Travs, to be honest, I'm bored with your anti-LFC sentiment.

RicharbB, in terms of football I can't fault Liverpool (Salah's constant cheating aside - although that's by no means unique to him and Liverpool)... there's absolutely no doubt they deserved it over the two legs against Barcelona... I've been a great admirer of Klopp since seeing him punditing at the Germany world cup in 2006 (at which point I didn't even realise he was a manager!).

However, having been in our home end when thousands of Liverpool away fans have been constantly singing at us that we are a "town full of Paki's" (loveable scouse wit)

And being on a coach through Liverpool (in fact the official junior coach... not some hooligan's battle-bus) and had the windows put through with bricks by Liverpool fans (loveable scouse welcome)

Or living in a city 100 miles from Liverpool, where two historic local non-league teams are going down the pan, for half of a premiership player's weekly salary... seeing your own team almost go to the wall... yet the pubs are full of people in Liverpool and Man Utd tops whenever they are on Sky Sports... these fans who rip the p**s out of you for daring to support a local 'unsuccessful team'

These are the things that give me a dislike of Liverpool (amongst other teams)

The media love the image of football as a tribal sport backed by passionate fans... but the assertion that these rivalries are only for fans of big clubs, and everybody else should keep their mouths shut and get behind English clubs, might be an admirable viewpoint, but it's one I can't agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post

My only wish is man u never win it again. Commuter fans.
    Undoubtedly a massive proportion of commuting fans... however through the 90's I have to admit their away support was massively local and pretty top-notch (i can't really comment now as it's over 10 years since we played them).

However (whilst on an anti-Liverpool tirade!) Liverpool's support is just as cosmopolitan (spend an hour in Crewe railway station on the morning of a Liverpool home game and then tell me it's any different to Man Utd's support...