Page 512 of 553 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Banned
    Just about every player, and club cheats in football. Its just how much and if you get caught.
    Similar to pro cycling used to be.

I'd say that Coventry City probably have more points than Spurs since Mourinho joined, as we are absolutely tearing it up at the moment...!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'd say that Coventry City probably have more points than Spurs since Mourinho joined, as we are absolutely tearing it up at the moment...!
    A shame you are homeless!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Spurs were awful in the first half at Turf Moor yesterday, two half time subs improved them a bit, just about deserved a draw
    I have to disagree on the deserving a draw.

One shot on target first half.

One shot on target second half and that was the penalty.

We should have had a second half penalty for foul on Wood in the box which Match of the Day conveniently forgot to show (not Spurs bias there eh) but Kamara did on Goals on Sunday and was playing hell because the ref didn't give and then VAR didn't review.

We bossed the game first half, the second half was 50/50 with us having more shots on target both halves and a 2:1 Burnley would have been a fair reflection - MOTD predicated score of stats was 3. something to 1.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

If anyone is interested I've just had an email to say that there are still Euro 2020 category one semi final tickets available at the bargain price of 595 euros

Banned
    I'll have a dozen to watch Germany and Spain.

Good to see the wheels continue to fall off the Anfield wagon.

Of course, as is always the case with Liverpool, someone else will be to blame.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Much chortling was done this morning after waking up to find they'd let 3 in during extra-time... particularly after their celebrations at the disallowed 'goal' at the end of normal time.

On a serious note, I do think away goals should be scrapped. Goals really should count equal no matter where they are scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Much chortling was done this morning after waking up to find they'd let 3 in during extra-time...particularly after their celebrations at the disallowed 'goal' at the end of normal time.
    It was the Atletico players and coaching staff that were wildly celebrating when they thought they had scored at the end of normal time.

On a serious note, I do think away goals should be scrapped. Goals really should count equal no matter where they are scored.
    I watched the game last night and Liverpool played some terrific football at times. It was bad luck, poor finishing and a howler from Adrian that cost them. I would keep the away goals rule though, as without it, we would see even more teams going away from home and parking the bus.

I was referring to the Liverpool fan's celebrations when the goal was disallowed. I think they thought that they were going to breeze it in extra time (admittedly I thought that too!)

I can't see in the modern era why a goal scored away from home should be worth any more than a home goal. One lucky early away goal usually nullifies a whole two-legged tie.

I think teams going away from home and "parking the bus" is the way football has gone these days (unfortunately), and away goals don't necessarily change this... I see it in 3rd Division games... teams coming to Coventry and timewasting and playing for a draw after 20 minutes... never mind Premier League/Europe/etc.

Hopefully Atalanta continue to progress, don't seem to know the meaning of defending, which is unusual for an Italian team! Absolute pleasure to watch... it's a shame they've been unable to play European games at their home ground, as teams would not want to go there. Even bigger shame for their fans who may well miss out on being able to spectate on their greatest ever season due to coronavirus... although it looks like they'll make the champions league again next year.