Page 520 of 553 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I think Wolves have the best home atmosphere in this country. Most home supporters are pretty quiet unless it's a local derby.

Been to some places which are supposedly hostile places to go, such as Elland Road and Brammall Lane, and been distinctly underwhelmed (although i guess a home match vs Coventry hardly got their passions flowing!)
    I haven't travelled much outside North West, but I've always been struck by how Palace fans come across on the TV matches.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I have always been distinctly unimpressed with grounds that have music playing when the home team scores. I prefer to hear just the full throated raw of the crowd. It suggests these clubs are trying to hide the fact that their fans don't make much noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I have always been distinctly unimpressed with grounds that have music playing when the home team scores. I prefer to hear just the full throated raw of the crowd. It suggests these clubs are trying to hide the fact that their fans don't make much noise.
    Unavoidable now.

That is the downside of sanitising football as a product... more family-friendly, appealing to a wider audience and tv viewers. But the atmosphere is gone.

I've spent a fair bit of time going to Italian football and the passion is still there. Will never forget AC Milan vs Juventus under floodlights at the San Siro... whilst i was looking forward to it, i was expecting it to have a similar atmosphere to big-game matches over here... it was nuts, and an even better atmosphere than the Rome Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Leicester are one of those who give their fans these crappy modern versions of the old rattle. Cringeworthy. Sounds more like a schools international at times on the box.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Yeah that's poor from Leicester who have always been a "proper" club.

I think there's some criticism within the Leicester support at their method of allocating away tickets, as their away support is now going down a similar route...

Following on from Brighton, Watford, another club just above the the drop zone have now two new CV isolation cases, making it 3.

Surely only coincidence that both clubs have managed to get CV issues at a rate perhaps 50 times higher than the general population, at a time when it's well past it's peak
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Well, let's just have Leeds promoted and get on with life.

the Sky Blue Boys back in the championship next season! I just hope that fans will be allowed back into stadiums, as a whole generation of CCFC fans now exist who have never seen us play regular "big" games, with the exception of the odd cup match...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    the Sky Blue Boys back in the championship next season! I just hope that fans will be allowed back into stadiums, as a whole generation of CCFC fans now exist who have never seen us play regular "big" games, with the exception of the odd cup match...
    Congratulations Travs, with the eight point cushion Coventry had over third, they definitely deserved to go up. I'm glad it has been done this way rather than voiding the season.

I am a little envious since I am going to have to go through the agony of seeing my lot have to play the remaining games to clinch promotion. With the Championship resumption only ten days away, the nerves are already starting to jangle. I hope you won't be offended when I say that I hope playing Leeds is not one of the "big" games that Coventry fans get to see next season.

Banned
    Just a positive shout to Marcus Rashford.

Well done lad, you've fought for a great cause and won.

Respect Sir.