Page 521 of 553 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Just a positive shout to Marcus Rashford.

Well done lad, you've fought for a great cause and won.

Respect Sir.
    ditto
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

What a strange world.

The Premier League are allowing a violent, anti capitalist organisation to advertise themselves on the back of players shirts.

No doubt they have been bounced into it by some PR lefties.

Well, they won't be getting my money any more as my Sky Sports subscription will be cancelled forthwith.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I've got no hostility towards the BLM being plastered all over the shirts...

Really, once someone put it forward, they didn't really have a choice... yes, they already have a perfectly acceptable "Show racism the red card" campaign, which would be perfectly adequate. But someone would have had to put their head above the parapet and say, "no we don't want BLM on the shirts"...... unfortunately, that would be career suicide...

What is a disgrace though, is while the Premier League/FIFA/UEFA are busy moralising on our behalf... they are paving the way for a murderous Saudi Arabian regime to take over at Newcastle United, and for a Qatar world cup to go ahead, which was bought via bribery, and stadiums constructed via slave-labour in all but name.

I haven't got hostility, but I think it reflects badly that as Travs has indicated, if you go against the initiative you'd be treated like a leper.

Nick Pope tweeted out in support this week, retweeted by the Club. I pointed out that they had a Kick it Out Campaign and asked why they couldn't promote their own efforts by wearing Kick it Out instead of promoting a Trotskyist inspired group that would close the PREM down as we know it if they got their own way.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Interesting that Villa went mental when they thought Leeds had scored an unjust goal last year, and demanded to be allowed to walk the ball into the Leeds goal in return.

That keeper today knew the ball was well over the line. As did the defender who knocked the keeper over the line. Didn't see them holding their hands up to say that the ref/lino/technology was wrong.

Banned
    That was a crime tonight.
    The whole of the ball crossed the line.
    Well done prem league.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    That was a crime tonight.
    The whole of the ball crossed the line.
    Well done prem league.
    All Goals Matter

I'd been looking forward to it for a while now, but having sat and watched both games I'm left feeling like this is a complete piss-take.

These players are probably the most tested people on the planet, and they are all pristine clean of Covid.

On the pitch it's as normal except the lack of handshakes pre and post match in exchange for the knuckle bumps. Dean Smith gave a quick hug post match yo one player. 20 players in the box for a corner.

So what the heck were they doing sat in the stands several metres apart wearing masks? The signal it sends out to the rest of society is appalling.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

I didn't watch the Villa vs Sheffield Utd game but did see the replays of the goal that never was.

Does anybody know why VAR didn't intervene? I realise that this isn't something that normally falls under the remit of VAR since the Hawk-Eye goal line technology is usually so reliable. But this was so blatant and VAR usually spends ages agonising whether a toe nail was off-side so it is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'd been looking forward to it for a while now, but having sat and watched both games I'm left feeling like this is a complete piss-take.

These players are probably the most tested people on the planet, and they are all pristine clean of Covid.

On the pitch it's as normal except the lack of handshakes pre and post match in exchange for the knuckle bumps. Dean Smith gave a quick hug post match yo one player. 20 players in the box for a corner.

So what the heck were they doing sat in the stands several metres apart wearing masks? The signal it sends out to the rest of society is appalling.
    Totally agree.

I think that the PL and football authorities have totally lost the plot. All that BLM virtue signalling knee business when, as Travs alluded to, they don't seem bothered about the black lives that have been lost in stadium building in Quatar.

As for the Hawkeye/VAR cock up last night. What planet are these people on. I was also disappointed by the muted condemnation of it by the commentators and the likes of Jamie Carragher.
    They were happy to accept it as a one off.
    I wonder if they would have had the same reaction if it would have happened in a Merseyside, Manchester or North London derby. I doubt it.

Anyway, its confirmed my decision to cancel my SKY Sports subscription yesterday, as the correct one.

Now what shall I spend that money on?