Thread: Tonight's football thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Gee Noel. That is before even my time!

But let's get back to Wolves.
    OK :-

https://www.dailygrail.com/2019/12/t...lf-in-england/
    The older I get the Faster I was

Just had a call from a friend and neighbour who has asked me if I want to go to Pride Park with him today as his son can't go.

So I'm off to see Derby County v Barnsley. A relegation "six pointer".

This will probably be a League 1 fixture next season!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I'm hoping to go there myself a fortnight today...

Although our home match against them earlier in the season was like WW3, so only allowed an allocation of 2200, and the tickets being in demand due to a local away-day, i might well miss out.

If you do go Travs I hope you are served up better fayre than I was today.

If I was in charge I would relegate them both to the Northern Premier League forthwith!

Nine months to go before the World Cup in Qatar and already I am getting fed up with Gareth Southgate, Harry Kane et al virtue signalling by bleating on about their concerns about human/gay rights.

If you don't like what's going on there just don't go. As simple as that.

Alternatively, just say you don't give a toss about what's happening and go. You'd get far more respect.

Unfortunately, Wales's players will no doubt spout the same garbage should they qualify

They'll be happy to take the sponsorship and endorsement money that no doubt comes from playing in a world cup.

I said this all along.... politics and football being generally kept apart is one of the few (if any) things that FIFA/UEFA got right.

Whilst i completely agree with Southgate and the players that the World Cup shouldn't be played there.... and there's a myriad of reasons over and above the gay/human rights issues... the players should either boycott completely or shut up and get on with it.

They knew where it would be played if they qualified.

Incidentally i'd happily support a boycott. Imagine the likes of England, Brazil, Germany etc sitting this one out, would be a great message.

But footballers are only happy to play politics until it might potentially hurt their wallets.

On a slight tangent, its about time some proper footballing nations who have never had a sniff of a world cup, but have the probable infrastructure, actually got a chance...

Morrocco/Tunisia/Algeria joint bid?
    Colombia?
    Hungary/Serbia joint bid?
    Turkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Nine months to go before the World Cup in Qatar and already I am getting fed up with Gareth Southgate, Harry Kane et al virtue signalling by bleating on about their concerns about human/gay rights.

If you don't like what's going on there just don't go. As simple as that.

Alternatively, just say you don't give a toss about what's happening and go. You'd get far more respect.

Unfortunately, Wales's players will no doubt spout the same garbage should they qualify
    It could be worse. What if Lewis Hamilton* was a footballer or Bono or Sting or Cumberbatch?

* I undertand he is now depressed having realised it was his superior car that won all those F1 Championhsips and not his prowess. Poor thing!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Yes, it was also interesting to see Idris Elba promoting Qatar 2022, given his outspoken support of BLM and the like! $$$壣

If only we could somehow harness the abundant power of hypocrisy and duplicity of celebs and wokery we'd have hit 'net-zero' decades ago!

Ricky knows best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4Cs2IVSXw
    Am Yisrael Chai

Season over for the mighty Sky Blues.

Yet another 98th minute equaliser... but needed a win today to keep up even a remote playoff chance.

Still its been an absolutely valiant attempt and a superb season. When you see Cov fans moaning because we've slipped out of the playoffs after a magnificent start, its just unbelievable really... we've risen from the dead in the last five years.

It aggravates me that before each match we see them taking the knee to point the finger at the fans, all about respect apparently, and as soon as the whistle goes they're shirt-pulling, diving, feigning injury and abusing the officials and their fellow players.

Great night at Turf Moor last night
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell