Page 552 of 553 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553 LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Will you be watching tonight's match from behind the settee Travs or are you going?
    Just got home from the gym and a run... even CCFC are not permitted to disrupt my training!

As i don't own a tv i'll not be watching, but i'll be keeping a close eye on the score.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A good result for the sky blues tonight. Hopefully we can reverse that scoreline the on Friday!
    With a full turnout from the family at the Hawthorns, how can we fail?
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Last time i went West Brom away it was 5-0 to WBA.....!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Last time i went West Brom away it was 5-0 to WBA.....!
    And aren't Wolves doing well...
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Until they get us in the Quarter Finals.....

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    We don't mention that lot...

Incidentally, I noted that this is the 4th match where the baggies have been on live television in the last 4 weeks and twice in the last 7 days. Doesn't seem to be right or are TV schedulers finding some entertainment value I'm finding difficult to see?
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    We don't mention that lot...

Incidentally, I noted that this is the 4th match where the baggies have been on live television in the last 4 weeks and twice in the last 7 days. Doesn't seem to be right or are TV schedulers finding some entertainment value I'm finding difficult to see?
    Its a recurring issue among a lot of championship teams this year. And it'll only get worse next year as the new tv deal comes into force.

We've had an absolute dearth of home saturday 3pm kickoffs, and depending on the cup draw, i think there's potential that we won't play another home 3pm saturday fixture for the rest of the season.

Sunderland fans also complaining loudly about it.... really is ridiculous for example when they had to play away at Ipswich at 5:30 on a saturday evening, or get moved for a distant away game at midday.

Although its been a long time since the authorities gave any regard for the real fans.... more bothered about coining it in from fans watching from abroad on tv.

Yes Hull or Ipswich for a 12:30 is a big ask if you are a WM fan.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    We've had an absolute dearth of home saturday 3pm kickoffs, and depending on the cup draw, i think there's potential that we won't play another home 3pm saturday fixture for the rest of the season.

Sunderland fans also complaining loudly about it.... really is ridiculous for example when they had to play away at Ipswich at 5:30 on a saturday evening, or get moved for a distant away game at midday.
    While you are on the subject, 3pm Saturday (or maybe an hour or two earlier) is also a good start time for fell races, for those of us for whom every fell race is an away fixture. The most distant fell race to which I have ever travelled there and back within the day from Loughborough is Pen-y-Ghent: start time 3pm on Saturday.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Yes.... the low cost of fell race entry has been more than overshadowed by the amount of accommodation costs i've incurred pre and post races.

I have done races in Snowdonia, and even the Lake District, there and back in a day from Cov, although it is not pleasant and i would usually book at least a night stay, if not two.

I think the longest jaunt i've done for a single football match is Caen vs St Etienne in the French League.

Drove down to Portsmouth friday lunchtime, night ferry to Caen, match on the saturday, night in a hotel, then ferry back on the sunday. That was some weekend!

Have done a number of trips to Italy for football... best one was a week staying in Milan where i caught a number of games across north and middle Italy (including two in one day which required some very rushed rail and metro connections!)