Page 6 of 545 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 5443

Thread: Tonight's football thread

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds. Capital of Gods Own.
    Posts
    11,176

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Danbert, IainR, do I sense a friendly forfeit-based wager might be called for here?

    Sorry, I can't help stirring.
    My exact thoughts

  2. #52
    Moderator noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Western Peak District
    Posts
    6,044

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    My exact thoughts
    Perhaps something along the lines of whoever's team loses the Carling Cup semi says loud and clear on the forum "You're right, Man Utd/City (delete as appropriate) are clearly the best team in Manchester".

    You can have a similar one at the end of the season regarding league position.

    Who dares put their money where their mouth is.

  3. #53
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    13,034

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    this looks like the sort of refereeing that Fergie will be expecting to go his way next week, in fergie time of course

    Absolutely appalling...

  4. #54
    Master Multiterrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bramley
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    this looks like the sort of refereeing that Fergie will be expecting to go his way next week, in fergie time of course

    Absolutely appalling...
    and we thought English refs were bad

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds. Capital of Gods Own.
    Posts
    11,176

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    and we thought English refs were bad
    They are

  6. #56
    Master TheHeathens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Perhaps something along the lines of whoever's team loses the Carling Cup semi says loud and clear on the forum "You're right, Man Utd/City (delete as appropriate) are clearly the best team in Manchester".

    You can have a similar one at the end of the season regarding league position.

    Who dares put their money where their mouth is.
    I'd be up for that - something along the lines of the loser has to change their forum name for a calendar month (or even to the league cup final!) to whatever the winner chooses.

    I'm confident we'll take the second leg.

  7. #57
    Master Muddy Retriever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Muddy puddle at Temple Newsam
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    I'd be up for that - something along the lines of the loser has to change their forum name for a calendar month (or even to the league cup final!) to whatever the winner chooses.

    I'm confident we'll take the second leg.
    This is fun. Come on Danbert, the ball is in your court.

  8. #58
    Master Danbert Nocurry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up above the streets and houses
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    This is fun. Come on Danbert, the ball is in your court.

    Muddy you have to understand that for years the rags have sneered at us and called us "the bitters" in reference to their levels of success and our constant failings.

    We probably were a bit bitter, seeing as how we perceived ourselves as being equal to them, even if we couldn't match them on the pitch. They even started to let it be known that we were no longer their biggest rivals.

    My how things have changed.

    Read the press, watch them on the box, see their contorted faces of hate, see their envy at our new-found wealth, while they slip ever deeper into debt and ignominy.

    We are now their biggest match of the season. Their players and manager go out of their way to show how much they hate us.

    Welcome United you are the new bitters.... what took you so long?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

  9. #59
    Master TheHeathens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Is that a yes or a no Danbert?

  10. #60
    Master Danbert Nocurry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up above the streets and houses
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Is that a yes or a no Danbert?
    It's our best chance in years. we must be confident, but not cocky, all the best comes to those who wait......but yes.... it's a yes
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Similar Threads

  1. Football ...
    By ZootHornRollo in forum General chat!
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
  2. Tonight's Gig
    By Manhar in forum General chat!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
  3. Today's NO FOOTBALL THREAD!
    By The Landlord in forum General chat!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-05-2009, 07:55 PM
  4. Football
    By Roger Rabbit in forum General chat!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:31 PM
  5. Football
    By Roadrunner in forum General chat!
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 13-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •