Page 82 of 543 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 5421

Thread: Tonight's football thread

  1. #811
    Master IainR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    6,098

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Are you really taking that much from beating a team with nothing to play for? They'd topped the group..

  2. #812
    Master Danbert Nocurry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up above the streets and houses
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Having a laugh.... development Danbert........ spending hundreds of millions to be knocked out by Napoli....
    Ultimately we both got the same thing but your exit is a lot more embarrassing.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

  3. #813
    Master TheHeathens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Ultimately we both got the same thing but your exit is a lot more embarrassing.
    A loser is a loser.... it's only the City fans arguing who is the best loser. That speaks volumes about our respective clubs.

  4. #814
    Master Danbert Nocurry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Up above the streets and houses
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    A loser is a loser.... it's only the City fans arguing who is the best loser. That speaks volumes about our respective clubs.
    Don't forget we won 3 and drew 1... in our first outing in the Champions League... how many teams do you know that haven't qualified or even won the group with 10 points? Many teams this year won the group on 9 points!!! I for one am happy with what we achieved and it's all progression... barca, real, inter etc are all happy we have been dropped into Europa, the last team they would want is us as the "all mighty" teams will see us as the bannana skin club...

    Lets just wait till next year eh? :wink:
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

  5. #815
    Master TheHeathens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Don't forget we won 3 and drew 1... in our first outing in the Champions League... how many teams do you know that haven't qualified or even won the group with 10 points? Many teams this year won the group on 9 points!!! I for one am happy with what we achieved and it's all progression... barca, real, inter etc are all happy we have been dropped into Europa, the last team they would want is us as the "all mighty" teams will see us as the bannana skin club...

    Lets just wait till next year eh? :wink:
    You went out, we went out. End of story.

    It's a bit small time to start arguing otherwise. You're not small time, are you Danbert?

  6. #816
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds. Capital of Gods Own.
    Posts
    11,176

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    From a proud Yorkshireman, just face it Danbert both manc's clubs did crap but are gutted to have only cockneys in the comp.
    Northern clubs for me any day.

  7. #817
    Master Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,154

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    It doesn't look like Gary Neville will be getting a Christmas card from Andre Villas-Boas this year

  8. #818
    Member JohnM32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salford / Partington
    Posts
    78

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    You went out, we went out. End of story.

    It's a bit small time to start arguing otherwise. You're not small time, are you Danbert?
    City are miles better than United and have bin since we won the fa cup last year. We had a much harder group and its not our fault that we didnt get enough points to get through - its unfiar that two teams got more points than us

  9. #819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds. Capital of Gods Own.
    Posts
    11,176

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM32 View Post
    City are miles better than United and have bin since we won the fa cup last year. We had a much harder group and its not our fault that we didnt get enough points to get through - its unfiar that two teams got more points than us
    Wins make points and points make prizes.
    You didn't get enough wins so you were short on points so no prizes.
    SIMPLES

  10. #820
    Master IainR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    6,098

    Re: Tonight's football thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Don't forget we won 3 and drew 1... in our first outing in the Champions League... how many teams do you know that haven't qualified or even won the group with 10 points? Many teams this year won the group on 9 points!!! I for one am happy with what we achieved and it's all progression... barca, real, inter etc are all happy we have been dropped into Europa, the last team they would want is us as the "all mighty" teams will see us as the bannana skin club...

    Lets just wait till next year eh? :wink:
    EH? How many teams have suddenly had hundreds of millions pumped into them and gone out and bought many players with CL and even winning the CL experience... City are almost unique in world football with the millions suddenly pumped in.. even chelsea already had a solid footing, decent team when Roman pumped his millions in... city were a backwater team... then spent hundreds of millions on top class players so you'd expect qualification...

    Not qualifying was an embarrassment for both clubs.

Similar Threads

  1. Football ...
    By ZootHornRollo in forum General chat!
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
  2. Tonight's Gig
    By Manhar in forum General chat!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
  3. Today's NO FOOTBALL THREAD!
    By The Landlord in forum General chat!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-05-2009, 07:55 PM
  4. Football
    By Roger Rabbit in forum General chat!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:31 PM
  5. Football
    By Roadrunner in forum General chat!
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 13-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •