Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BGR reccying w/out car

Re: BGR reccying w/out car

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    full for that Saturday night

but I like the beer at the Woolpack so it's OK :-)
    Thats ok then, got to be near good beer after a long day on the hill
    Bill

Did this over 3 days a couple of years back. Stopped in Grasmere & Wasdale YH on route. Rather than finish with the road run into Keswick we doubled back into the Borrowdale valley & stopped the last night in Rosthwaite YH before getting an open top bus back to Keswick the next morning. Not strictly the full route but a great way to finish (Yes, we did get some great weather ) Have fun, its a fantastic few days out

cheers T&C

Wasdale YH is a bit of a detour from Wasdale Head too though isn't it? - I wouldn't have thought Eskdale YH is much more off-route is it (not got map in front of me)?

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    cheers T&C

Wasdale YH is a bit of a detour from Wasdale Head too though isn't it? - I wouldn't have thought Eskdale YH is much more off-route is it (not got map in front of me)?
    yeah,we got lucky & hitched a lift as soon as we hit the road They were probably worried to leave us, expect i looked half dead Wangled a lift up the road the next morning too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea & cake View Post
    yeah,we got lucky & hitched a lift as soon as we hit the road They were probably worried to leave us, expect i looked half dead Wangled a lift up the road the next morning too.
    looking at the map, Eskdale YHA is quite a bit more of a detour - it's a long descent from Scafell into Eskdale, and back up again the next day - unless I go the low route

Master

I used to comfortably recce most of 3 and 4 by starting in Stonethwaite and legging it up to High Raise, out to Sgt Man and then follow rest of leg 3 and 4 back to Honister. OK you miss out Steal Fell and Calf Crag, but thats easliy made up for in the ascent of High raise and the detour out to SM. It makes an easliy completable circuit.