Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Shepherd Classic

Re: Good Shepherd Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkeneuphoria View Post
    Well worth me and clubmates travelling over from Hull for, and quite surprised to see others had travelled from the city for this one too. Gotta be a good sign!
    Alright mate, I was talking to you at the finish, I came in 52nd, you was just in front of us, I'm the baldy from Fenner Flyers.

Hi Fozzy, I was wondering if you were one of the Fenner Flyers. Though on closer examination I can see it on your Avatar. Well worth the trip out of town that one I thought. You got any more on the horizon?
    Last edited by Drunkeneuphoria; 21-09-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Good day out yesterday both for running & soaking up the sun. When did the winner make his break as the front 4 were grouped together both on the outward & return past Stoodley pike ?

A pleasure as always to see a smattering of forumites incl Merry, Flightless bird & Mrs Stagger - like the new vest.......
    Thanks Manhar! Nice to see you too, you look well. I guess you'll be running soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkeneuphoria View Post
    Well worth the trip out of town that one I thought. You got any more on the horizon?
    Nothing definate, but hope to pencil in a few more in the coming months, hope to maybe do one a month over winter. Probably be doing 3 Tops at Guisborough in November, and I'll be doing a few of the local road races like Haltemprice 10k end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    Thanks Manhar! Nice to see you too, you look well. I guess you'll be running soon.
    Hi Linda - have started running in this last fortnight. Was nervous as hell on the 1st day but have been running like a man possessed since. Don't get me wrong have only been out for no more than 40 mins if that, on each occasion but seem to be moving far to quickly. Have been itching to do a race also - was thinking of Stanage struggle on Sunday & now possibly Thieveley pike this forthcoming Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Hi Linda - have started running in this last fortnight. Was nervous as hell on the 1st day but have been running like a man possessed since. Don't get me wrong have only been out for no more than 40 mins if that, on each occasion but seem to be moving far to quickly. Have been itching to do a race also - was thinking of Stanage struggle on Sunday & now possibly Thieveley pike this forthcoming Saturday.
    Good news mate, take it easy and best wishes
    Hills and Guinness!

Good Shepherd Classic

Hi. Anyone know if this race is happening this year? (19 September in 2009)

I know, I know, advance planning. Thing is, our fell captain had planned to put this in the club's fell champs, and now members are all of a dither because they can't find it in the 2010 FRA bible.

Banned

I am 99% sure it is.
    Here is the website:-
    http://www.cvfr.co.uk/Races/Good_She...epherdhome.htm

Our very own forumite Crowhill and his Good lady organised it last year so he will be the man to give you a 100% correct answer.

Banned

Just text the organiser and it's on the 18th September.

Quote Originally Posted by Nora View Post
    Hi. Anyone know if this race is happening this year? (19 September in 2009)

I know, I know, advance planning. Thing is, our fell captain had planned to put this in the club's fell champs, and now members are all of a dither because they can't find it in the 2010 FRA bible.
    The details were received too late to go in the printed Calendar and are as follows:-

SAT. SEP 18. GOOD SHEPHERD (R). BL. 10.30 a.m. 14m/2000'. Venue: Good Shepherd Centre, Mytholmroyd. GR 013258. £5.00 pre-entry, £6.00 on day. Teams. ER/LK/NS/PM. Over 18. Records: J. Logue, 01.45.32, 2009; f. A. Johnson, 02.06.49, 2009. Proceeds to Rainbow House Orphanage. Details: Jason Stevens, 10 New Barton, Hubberton, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 1NW. Tel: 01422 316194. Email: [email protected]. Website: goodshepherdfellrace.co.uk