Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being asked for ID

Being asked for ID

...when buying a SCREWDRIVER SET IN B&Q

....is quite emabarrassing I didn't even know there was an age limit on screwdrivers, but apparently I don't look old enough to go round stabbing people with them... I mean putting shelves up and things!

Master and MR
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    ...when buying a SCREWDRIVER SET IN B&Q

....is quite emabarrassing I didn't even know there was an age limit on screwdrivers, but apparently I don't look old enough to go round stabbing people with them... I mean putting shelves up and things!

shelves , oh dear
    you truly need converting one hill
    fell people dont do DIY

or ironing!!

undercover moderator
    There ought to be an age 50 lower limit for going to garden centres. And Budleigh Salterton.

Long time since I've been asked for ID!!! Does that mean I look really old!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    Long time since I've been asked for ID!!! Does that mean I look really old!!!
    Must do!

I never used to get asked for ID but I get asked constantly now, even though I am mid twenties and think I look my age! - police have had a proper crack down in nottingham in the last year or so, all the bars have signs up saying if you look under 25 you will get asked !

didn't think they'd be so harsh in B&Q though

I got asked for ID to buy booze in Morrisons the other week. The girl on the checkout looked just about 18, I'm 32. Fortunately I'd been to open a new bank account earlier and had my passport in my pocket. She looked at the date of birth saying "1974?" That far back was just ancient history to the poor girl - you could almost hear the cogs grinding round in her head! I said "Yes love, I'm 32"

It was funny more than embarassing, especially since I was obviously buying a load of other groceries and not just booze.

Incidentally, on the subject of being asked for ID, check out:

No2ID

Scary stuff...

Ask Bisto about being asked for ID - priceless when we were out for his 28th birthday!
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Must do!

I never used to get asked for ID but I get asked constantly now, even though I am mid twenties and think I look my age! - police have had a proper crack down in nottingham in the last year or so, all the bars have signs up saying if you look under 25 you will get asked !

didn't think they'd be so harsh in B&Q though

Most people think I am quite young though. Typically people think I'm about 22 - 24, though one lass thought I was only 20!!!

Having said that the MILF at work (in the nightclub) thought I was her age (32) but then she only looks about 27. I think her being 30+ is more exciting though!!!