Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bike

New Bike

As i am now recovering from a sprained ankle i am going to buy a new bike and do more cycling in my training to try and reduce injuries.
    trouble is keep seeing a better deal and now up to £2600. any tips how to sneak the bike in the house without my missus finding out how much i am spending

Re: New Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    As i am now recovering from a sprained ankle i am going to buy a new bike and do more cycling in my training to try and reduce injuries.
    trouble is keep seeing a better deal and now up to £2600. any tips how to sneak the bike in the house without my missus finding out how much i am spending
    just lie!

Got a great deal blahh blahh, got to make it expensive enough for a "how much!" But not too expensive to get much more than that. Fine balancing act.

Just bought myself a new frame and loads of second hand parts to get a singlespeed cross bike (on-one pompino). I am going to try the wifes trick, "what? This old thing? had it ages, just put it together out of parts" But with 5 bikes in the house and a couple of frames I can get away with it a bit easier.

undercover moderator

I got a custom Ti one back along, and had it built as a sort of stealth thing with no stickers.

Or try and convince her that carbon ones are really cheap 'cos they're made out of coal.

What type of bike are you after mate? MTB, Road or CX?

Dodgy ground. They seem to have an extra sense that sniffs out the truth eventually..................

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Dodgy ground. They seem to have an extra sense that sniffs out the truth eventually..................

Or they don't say anything, store it away, and bring it up a later date when they want to make a purchase themselves
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Or they don't say anything, store it away, and bring it up a later date when they want to make a purchase themselves
    oh yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    What type of bike are you after mate? MTB, Road or CX?
    Road, at the moment want a full carbon frame and forks , Ultegra SL and aero wheels, so looking at Kuato Kebel, Felt AR4, one at Ribble and trying to pull a deal with old cycling buddies. as long as its got an engine i dont mind. with my level of fitness i think i need a rear cog with more teeth than the front one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    I got a custom Ti one back along, and had it built as a sort of stealth thing with no stickers.

Or try and convince her that carbon ones are really cheap 'cos they're made out of coal.
    she would chuck it on the fire if i said that

Road, at the moment want a full carbon frame and forks , Ultegra SL and aero wheels, so looking at Kuato Kebel, Felt AR4, one at Ribble and trying to pull a deal with old cycling buddies. as long as its got an engine i dont mind. with my level of fitness i think i need a rear cog with more teeth than the front one!!
    Ah right, you've lost me there

I'm an MTB guru, currently know nothing about road, but will be taking road up this year.