Thread: English Champs, info?

English Champs, info?

Hi

Sorry if this info is somewhere obvious but I couldn't find it

How does the English Fell champs work

I undertand that there are 6 races and you don't need to complete them all. How are points allocated please

Is there a document somewhere that describes all this anywhere, I'm just trying to undertand my chances of actually scoring any points if I go to some of these races :-D

Thanks to anyone that can help

Quote Originally Posted by djglover View Post
    Hi

Sorry if this info is somewhere obvious but I couldn't find it

How does the English Fell champs work

I undertand that there are 6 races and you don't need to complete them all. How are points allocated please

Is there a document somewhere that describes all this anywhere, I'm just trying to undertand my chances of actually scoring any points if I go to some of these races :-D

Thanks to anyone that can help
    Details should be in your FRA calendar

Yes full details are contained in the FRA Fixtures Calendar and Handbook. Not received my 2014 copy yet. If you are a member of an English Club with UKA registration or FRA you should be good to go. Six races four to count but must include a long, medium and a short. Top fifty eligible finishers to score. Likewise my first time having a go at the English Champs and just getting that 1 point for 50th will be a tall order for me.

Could anybody please explain how the team point are calculated for the champs races? I've tried looking on the website but failed to work it out.

I think the details are explained in the latest Fellrunner alongside the results. It's something like:
    5 runners to count in each race (it's lower than 5 in other categories).
    Lowest combined placing for those five runners defines team places with the top 10 teams from each champs race getting 12, 9, 8... to 1.
    And, like the individual champs, your team's best 4 results count: 1 short, 1 medium, 1 long and 1 other.