Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anglezarke Amble

Anglezarke Amble

Somehow I have ended up entering this event as my missus is doing it. We're doing the 16 mile walk bit. I was wondering how strict they are on the walking bit - can you break into a trot now and again? I wouldn't be wanting to jog/run loads of it but hopefully some of it. Waddaya think?

Re: Anglezarke Amble

They don't want you running on the short route because it would mean opening check points earlier than they need to for walkers. If you do run you may arrive at a CP before they are ready for you and that is a sure way to upset the marshals.

Have a run on the long route then when you have had enough running walk the rest.

Although they don't encourage it I don't think it will be a big problem unless you storm round

Last year I did long with eldest son and my husband did the shorter on with younger son ( they ran, jogged and walked the ups. They only just beat us doing the long and so did not get to check points too early- which I think is the big issue.

If anyone would like my husbands entry for the shorter one let me know- he is injured and want walk or run it

I'm in the same boat as your husband, Karen, regarding injury. I'm registered for the long route, so if anyone wants my place just say and I'm sure something can be arranged with the organisers (provided you don't mind someone else's name on that there cerstificate thingy you get at the end).
    I believe this event is no EOD.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    I'm in the same boat as your husband, Karen, regarding injury. I'm registered for the long route, so if anyone wants my place just say and I'm sure something can be arranged with the organisers (provided you don't mind someone else's name on that there cerstificate thingy you get at the end).
    I believe this event is no EOD.
    Hi,
    I've PM'd you about this.
    Cheers.

You all missed a treat. Cracking day and great views. Ground was firm in many places ( and a bit slippy in some)
    Thanks to all the marshalls and sorry I kept saying no to all your cakes ( i do like cake but can't run and eat very well)

Fortunately I can walk and eat cake (and pork pie, scotch egg, sausage rolls and biscuits)! First walking event we've ever done and we enjoyed it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    cake (and pork pie, scotch egg, sausage rolls and biscuits)
    Sounds like my kind of event this
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Yes an excellent day out. It was the first time I'd done the long event (have walked the short course before) and apart from spending too much time at refreshment points (where Mrs Charters kept overtaking me), had a good run.
    Now for a much more relaxed Winter Hill tomorrow (manning CP9!)
    One thing I'm suffering from post race is foot cramps. Got them occasionally in the past but not as frequently - maybe it's because I spent the afternoon watching the rugby

Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    One thing I'm suffering from post race is foot cramps. Got them occasionally in the past but not as frequently - maybe it's because I spent the afternoon watching the rugby
    i always find this route takes a toll on the feet, with so many of the rocky uneven tracks being to blame, especially on the descents,....coupled with it being 24 and a bit miles....quite alot to cope with early on in the year