Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Anglezarke Amble

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    anybody else in for 2016? (Saturday 13th Feb)

I went round the route in training a couple of years ago, but this will be my first for the actual event
    Me!
    Not done this one before, though I did spend several weeks in 1980 living at The Strawbury Duck at Entwistle...
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

After doing this event year after year since way back, sadly I'm having to give it a miss for a second year. This time my attention will be elsewhere, reccying the High Peak Marathon.
    If you're interested in your time, make sure you time yourself because, up to two years ago this was one of the few events ("IT'S NOT A RACE") for which there is no results service. They have said that walkers are not competitive so not interested in times. I suspect there may be another, truer reason. It doesn't detract from the challenge and the enjoyment, though. Over the years it has presented a wide range of extreme winter challenges.

I am doing it again. Although as my first event since Jedburgh last Oct I suspect it might be rather slow! Nick you are right they do not publish a list of results but I was sure they put times on our certificates?

Yes Karen, you're probably right there.

You won't be slow. You're never slow.

I will be there just going to trot round n walk the some of the climbs hopfully under 5hours last time i did it was 23 years ago slightly different(longer)route these days!
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t:

Under 6 hours will be fine....

Look out for the purple Fell Ponies vest. That'll be me.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Great do as usual, brill marshals and food, and a great route. Glad the moor to Darwen Tower was slightly more solid due to the frost.

Weather was good but a few of us spent 15 minutes doing something we hadn't planned, i.e. providing CPR to save the life of a fellow fellrunner (possibly a member of Barlick - he ran round with me when he was sweeper at Pendle Cloughs in May 2014). The last report we were given was that he was stable but serious at Wythenshawe Hospital. Hopefully he is on the mend but I suspect it will be awhile before he is back running.

Oo-er, that sounds sobering. Well done Gordon and others for your rescue work. I hope he's still recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    Weather was good but a few of us spent 15 minutes doing something we hadn't planned, i.e. providing CPR to save the life of a fellow fellrunner (possibly a member of Barlick - he ran round with me when he was sweeper at Pendle Cloughs in May 2014). The last report we were given was that he was stable but serious at Wythenshawe Hospital. Hopefully he is on the mend but I suspect it will be awhile before he is back running.
    From what I've heard on the "Bowland Grapevine" it's one of our members ..... "Monkeynut", see the post further up this page.
    On Keith's behalf, I'd say a big "Thank You" to Gordon S and others for taking time out from their event to provide emergency care.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!