Thread: Fell shoes for young 'uns.

Fell shoes for young 'uns.

Hi, long-time lurker here. I'm after a recommendation for fell shoes for my little girl. She is a size 11.5/12 and I can't seem to find anything that will fit her, everything seems to start at size 1. Am I looking in the wrong places or do smaller sizes just not exist? Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

Thx,
    Tag
    Come on Rory, one more lap!

Banned

Re: Fell shoes for young 'uns.

Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    Hi, long-time lurker here. I'm after a recommendation for fell shoes for my little girl. She is a size 11.5/12 and I can't seem to find anything that will fit her, everything seems to start at size 1. Am I looking in the wrong places or do smaller sizes just not exist? Any and all advice greatly appreciated.
    Thx,
    Tag
    I dont know what sizes our friends at Walsh go down to.
    We will be doing a kids X-Talon( the 160) but again it will start from size 1 to 4 UK.

Walshes also start at 1. Lateral thinking required.
    Rugby and football boots although studded, may not be stable enough; depends on stud length and width of pattern. Hockey boots usually have plastic studs and might be best bet. Boots/trainers for artificial surfaces are worth a look as they sometimes have reasonable length studs.
    Don't think a true fell shoe is crucial at this stage, just something that grips, and supports the ankle.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Thanks both for your help and FJ I'll give those options a look.
    Ta.
    Come on Rory, one more lap!

How did you get on?

My 6 yr old was size 11-12, so i bought a pair of size 1 walshes, just so they'd be waiting when his feet were big enough.

When i got them home i thought i'd just try them on him; they actually fit really well!

If you havent actually tried the walsh on your daughter it might be worth a go; they do seem to come up small.

His first fell race tomorrow; hoping to win an easter egg (havent told him that everyone will get one!)

Decathlon do decent trainers with quite good grips on. Little biara did a season in a pair of those (cost about £10-15!!), they did the job as she was the awkward size 12!!

you should definatley try some walshes im 12 but only a size 13!! but i have size 2 fell shoes
    littlemolly

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    How did you get on?

My 6 yr old was size 11-12, so i bought a pair of size 1 walshes, just so they'd be waiting when his feet were big enough.

When i got them home i thought i'd just try them on him; they actually fit really well!

If you havent actually tried the walsh on your daughter it might be worth a go; they do seem to come up small.

His first fell race tomorrow; hoping to win an easter egg (havent told him that everyone will get one!)
    He got off to a good start, then tripped and went flying! Recovered to pass some people going up the hill, then the fell shoes came into their own on the descent. He actually passed one of his mates, just because the other lad lost a trainer in the mud!!