Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Trigs

Re: 15 Trigs

I got round in 14-25 on Friday. I used Greenflash's times as a guide but lost quite a bit battling the wind when I turned south towards Harry Hut then on going round Kinder. Fortunately I picked up from Win Hill as it was more sheltered otherwise I might have had a struggle to break 15. It was surprisingly wet on the east, perhaps they had an overnight downpour. The fields were muddy over to Rod Moor and Margery Hill and Outer Edge were starting to get boggy again. The west was dry, Brown Knoll and Kinder still dry just some soft areas.
    A few have already been round this year already but this year is it's 25th anniversary so if anyone wants an added incentive....

PS Outline info at www.gofar.org.uk

well done Tony. who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    well done Tony. who's next?
    Well I hope it'll be me... 20 miles in a trail event from Bala today went OK considering it's only 6 days since my Tan Hill to Kirkstone. I'll have to wait a week now to recover, then if the weather's OK I'm hoping for a mid-week attempt in a week & a bit.

Quick edit: forgot to say well done to MOUNTAIN MAN. Good effort Tony!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Yes, well done Tony - sounds like you faced rather sterner conditions than us. Part of the catch up after Win Hill though may also have related to our dining on various goodies at Yorkshire Bridge - likewise, for anyone else who may use our times as a guide, we also enjoyed a three course banquet, near enough, at Westend which added somewhat to our time to Alport ...

Splatcher - you've had Ian's views on the quick mid-week raid on High Neb ... upon enquiring of a DP veteran at the AGM last Wednesday, his view was that a mid-week visit during the restricted access period risked "getting shot at or worse" ... so take your pick of the opinions, but I felt honour bound to pass this on, if only for the sake of my conscience should anything untoward come to pass!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash View Post
    Part of the catch up after Win Hill though may also have related to our dining on various goodies at Yorkshire Bridge
    Yes on Win Hill I was sort of thinking I hope you called in at The Yorkshire Inn for a few pints and not gone for a sprint finish!

Well Done Tony! all that recce'ing paid off then?

Good Luck to Splatcher if/when you go...

I'm a way off attempting this yet - think I'll have a(nother) go at Kinder Killer in a couple of weeks, then build up to Bullock Smithy in September, then who knows...
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

you heard it hear first. there are two more 15 triggers out on the train today. I was back too late to join them but fingers crossed for a good round, weather a bit changeable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    I got round in 14-25 on Friday.
    Well done Tony.

So is that 5 so far? 2 more en route today and Splatcher poised; Yiannis and Ray also planning an attempt. Still another 15 victims needed ...
    Gone peakbagging

Ray Baines and I got round yesterday in 14:31.
    More information later.
    Yiannis

Good effort Yiannis, The weather didn't look too kind yesterday. Todays the day, wall to wall blue sky with a bitt of fluffy stuff on the horizon.