Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 231

Thread: 15 Trigs

  1. #21

    Re: 15 Trigs

    Thanks for the replies.

    Ian, hoping to get to the Sportsman for about 11am tomorrow if you're available.

    Cheers, Mark

  2. #22
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,999

    Re: 15 Trigs

    This has just appeared on the Dark Peak Site

    Any Challengers? from the Sportsman at Redmires

    15 Trigs challenge
    Alan Yates writes: our classic '15 trigs' challenge is making the headlines (apparently) on the FRA and Tony Wimbush's 'gofar' sites. So this a reminder that a gallon of beer is still on offer to any DPFR member who can beat Andy Harmer's ancient (c. 1987) record of
    10h04m AND dip under 10 hours.


    That is a very tall order

  3. #23
    Master Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Whaley Bridge
    Posts
    1,751

    Re: 15 Trigs

    I'd be delighted to join you in an attempt IDP, but that sounds a very tall order.

  4. #24
    Master Luv Shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kinder
    Posts
    1,158

    Re: 15 Trigs

    Count me in too....been to all,
    Some many many times....
    But, not necessarily all on the same day...
    Or in the right order...
    Can almost touch a few from the doorstep!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

  5. #25
    Master ydt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: 15 Trigs

    Andy, Ian, my M Map 1:25k shows an additional trig point at 'Stanedge Pole', between High Neb and Redmires resr. Is it a mistake?
    Yiannis

  6. #26
    Senior Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    too far east
    Posts
    518

    Re: 15 Trigs

    Quote Originally Posted by Luv Shack View Post
    Count me in too....
    I'd like to do the route sometime, too (but not that fast ). Keep us posted

    Quote Originally Posted by ydt
    my M Map 1:25k shows an additional trig point at 'Stanedge Pole', between High Neb and Redmires resr. Is it a mistake?
    Interesting - hadn't potted that one. Not a pillar: the pole itself has apparently been used as a triangulation station of some sort. These non-pillar trigs have mostly been expunged from 1:25k maps but they've missed this one.

    Rob

  7. #27
    Master ydt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: 15 Trigs

    Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    I'd like to do the route sometime, too (but not that fast ). Keep us posted



    Interesting - hadn't potted that one. Not a pillar: the pole itself has apparently been used as a triangulation station of some sort. These non-pillar trigs have mostly been expunged from 1:25k maps but they've missed this one.

    Rob
    Does this mean that the 15 trigs are 16? (assuming the route goes that way)

    Yiannis

  8. #28
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,999

    Re: 15 Trigs

    Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Does this mean that the 15 trigs are 16? (assuming the route goes that way)

    Yiannis
    no it's not part of the route.

    I'm not sure about the next fact but the '15' trigs of the route are ALL the trigs marked on the 1984 KIMM map. It may be that on that Map the pole isn't listed as a trig as I'm sure it would be part otherwise.

    My round would still count though as I ran passed the pole on my way back to the Sportsman

    PS I got the map Yannis cheers.

  9. #29

    Re: 15 Trigs

    The route goes past it anyway.

    I'm thinking of doing this again later on in the year but will try to pick slightly better weather for it next time!
    Last edited by marko; 04-02-2009 at 02:06 PM.

  10. #30
    Master ydt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: 15 Trigs

    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    no it's not part of the route.

    I'm not sure about the next fact but the '15' trigs of the route are ALL the trigs marked on the 1984 KIMM map. It may be that on that Map the pole isn't listed as a trig as I'm sure it would be part otherwise.

    My round would still count though as I ran passed the pole on my way back to the Sportsman

    PS I got the map Yannis cheers.
    Ian, if you could send me route details/hints for the 15 trigs (MM track/path) mainly for the east and west extremities, it will be great.
    Yiannis

Similar Threads

  1. 15 Trigs recces
    By DazTheSlug in forum Recce
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •