Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Trigs

Re: 15 Trigs

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Ian, if you could send me route details/hints for the 15 trigs (MM track/path) mainly for the east and west extremities, it will be great.
    Yiannis
    Ok Yannis, I'll try to do it later tonight.

26 Trigs

Just cross referencing this thread which includes details of the 26 Trigs, based on Harveys Dark+White Peak doublesided map, completed by Peter Simpson in 1988.

Had a great day out yesterday and managed to get round the 15 Trigs in 9 hours 58 mins. Being an ex-Dark Peak member I'd faniced having a crack at Andy Harmer's record for quite some time, and this was the year I finally got round to it.

The weather was kinder to me than it usually is, with fantastic dry conditions underfoot across the peat. The clag was down all the way from Emlin to just before Cock Hill, however I kept on the compass and managed OK except for a wobble over Cartledge Bents. The wind had been forecast to be from the west and stronger in the afternoon than the morning, and amazingly enough that's how it felt!

Was 5 minutes down on my 10 hour schedule at Harry Hut, following a dodgy route through the heather up to the Shooting Cabin. I then stayed pretty constant all the way back to Win Hill, which set me up for a very painful last hour and a bit. In the end it took a flat out sprint (or that's how it felt at the time) all the way along Redmires Road to dip under 10 hours by a whole 78 seconds!

Superb!! Reviewing IDP's earlier post:

"Alan Yates writes: our classic '15 trigs' challenge is making the headlines (apparently) on the FRA and Tony Wimbush's 'gofar' sites. So this a reminder that a gallon of beer is still on offer to any DPFR member who can beat Andy Harmer's ancient (c. 1987) record of
    10h04m AND dip under 10 hours.

That is a very tall order"

5 minutes under - seriously impressive!! Hope you enjoy(ed) your beer.

I hear YDT got round it recently albeit a bit more sedately ....
    Gone peakbagging

Quote Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
    Had a great day out yesterday and managed to get round the 15 Trigs in 9 hours 58 mins. Being an ex-Dark Peak member I'd faniced having a crack at Andy Harmer's record for quite some time, and this was the year I finally got round to it.
    Congratulations - great stuff. I will include it on the gofar website next time I do a major update.

Well done Simon B.

"I hear YDT got round it recently albeit a bit more sedately ...."
    Rob,
    If I ever get over my chronic injuries I would have another go at this and the Cairngorm Round, in both of which I went over the time limit.
    Yiannis

Well done Simon, I'll let Andy know tommorrow when I see him. Your next challenge..?

Thanks everyone. Am wishing I'd renewed my DPFR second claim membership at the start of the year so I could claim that gallon of beer from Alan (he's promised me a pint or two as consolation).

Not yet sure what my next challenge is Ian, will wait until the legs stop hurting and have a think about it. Just been looking at the Bowland 1500s page on gofar which looks fun and isn't too far from home in Hebden Bridge, so maybe that's one to try and fit in next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
    Just been looking at the Bowland 1500s page on gofar which looks fun and isn't too far from home in Hebden Bridge, so maybe that's one to try and fit in next year.
    The Bowland lads have a bigger/dafter challenge lined up too - sounds to be right up your street, Simon. Wheezing Donkey will maybe let you into the secret .

Oh and there's always the 24/26/27?? Peak trigs...
    Gone peakbagging

Fantastic Running SimonB!

I have just started recce'ing the route and the idea of doing the whole thing in under 10 hours is mind boggling!
    When I attempt it I'll be happy with 14:59
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run