Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woldsman 2010

Woldsman 2010

Still a couple of months off, I know, but who's planning on doing this one?
    Assuming I don't get injured before then - which is always a pretty big assumption - it'll be my first ever fifty miler. Tips and words of wisdom gratefully received.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Super Moderator

Re: Woldsman 2010

I fancied this Tussock, but will be in China now that weekend

Are you doing Haworth Hobble? Should be good prep
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I've entered this one. It will be my third time doing it. Lovely route. Second half harder than the first (more climbing) so beware charging off!

First time I did it I had an absolute nightmare (entirely my own fault!). Did some of the things that are perhaps classics of what not to do! I walked it instead of running - thinking it was too close to the 100 to recover properly. So slightly different action. I also wore road training shoes instead of the trail shoes or fell shoes I had been used to. Ended up with really really bad blisters. It was quite hot and this makes your feet susceptible to blisters.

Second time was absolute bliss in comparison. PB by over 4 hours!!!!!

I can't remember any great route finding difficulties (harder of course if you're out longer and it gets dark). Food good. Well organised etc

Ran the old course 3 times. This course is better and tougher, have run it twice and will hopefully be running it this year (aiming for a sub 10 hour time) Great little route, navigation isnt bad (I havent got lost yet... so must be bloody easy....) well organised and only 11 miles away from my house AWESOME!!!

So....
    Socks, Ronin, me. Anybody else?

I've been plotting the course onto (several) OS maps today, and it makes me feel tired and slightly sick just tracing the route with my finger at 1:25000 scale. Don't know what my body is going to make of the full size version.

Looking forward to it. Hoping that my legs work by then! They haven't liked coming downstairs for the past 2 days.

Have to bloody work, my selfish assistant manager has gone on Holiday so I am left holding the fort!!!lol
    My running partner Steve Walker is running it (it will be his 3rd time, so he should remember the way, Ive breifed him to aim for 10 to 10.15mins)
    good luck to you all!!!
    Im attempting a bgr in June with him, so if you come across him on route 6ft 1
    14stoneish, Salomon footwear,skins shorts, Hardmoors Buff, give him some abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Have to bloody work, my selfish assistant manager has gone on Holiday so I am left holding the fort!!!lol
    My running partner Steve Walker is running it (it will be his 3rd time, so he should remember the way, Ive breifed him to aim for 10 to 10.15mins)
    good luck to you all!!!
    Im attempting a bgr in June with him, so if you come across him on route 6ft 1
    14stoneish, Salomon footwear,skins shorts, Hardmoors Buff, give him some abuse
    I'll be several hours behind him, am in no shape to attempt a bgr, and am only 5ft 8. It might not be wise to pursue the giving abuse idea.

Sorry you can't do the event this year. Better luck in 2011.

This will be second time on this route for me , also did the Beverley based version 2 or 3 times . Looking like a reasonable weekend at this remove .

As always I'm in the Marmite top .

Bit of a toughie this one in the heat. The last 3 miles were a bit of a nightmare. Couldn't run and felt light headed - very odd sensation (close to hallucinating, but not quite and not really very pleasant!) Suffering today from sore foot due to one of my shoes being done up too tightly and all the rest of my body aching (that all over pain!). Apart from that, stunning route again (especially in the middle), really well organised, great food, etc. Ran with Tussockface for quite a while, and think I saw Duracell in the marmite top but didn't get chance to speak.