Thread: Injury insurance and injury

Injury insurance and injury

Greetings everyone, first post and it's in the Injuries section!

It's a two part question but both closely related.

Can you recommend an insurance policy that covers injuries sustained while fell running, i.e. come the day of the 'incident' there's no small print that voids your cover such as "you are not allowed to run over mountains". It would help if someone has such a policy and made a claim, received good treatment and a speedy recovery and perhaps covers loss of earnings (I'm self employed in a manual job so a leg or wrist related injury would cause big problems).

The injury. I'm a born-again fell walker/runner. I was last active in 1989 when I completed my 5th Fellsman. That's when I hung up my shoes and took up cycling, then 6 years ago quit cycling and took up golf. Last October I ventured onto the fells and realised how good it was and have been out now every weekend (Bowland). Thought it would be a good idea to tackle the Fellsman again so I'm entered for 8th May. I'm looking for a sub 18 hour trip, brisk walking and light running, nothing too serious. My stamina is good but I wanted to increase my aerobic fitness so started a bit of road running end of January and now I seem to have (according to Dr Google) a damaged anterior talofibular ligament in my ankle which is very painful to even walk. I'm 10 days into this injury and ideally I'd like know how long it will take to heal sufficiently to return to training because I'm not at Fellsman standard yet. Is there a good foot doctor in the Preston Lancs area?

Thanks,
    Roger

Edit: The insurance is for future injuries and not to cover the one already sustained.
    Last edited by RogerM; 22-02-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Info

Re: Injury insurance and injur

I dont really know what im talking about, just trying to remember what i once read.
    All ( i think) running clubs have to be affiliated (is that the right word) to UK Athletics...and im sure this covers to an extent.