Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Mileage and Climbing

Re: Weekly Mileage and Climbin

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Now would you all start again and spell out how, schedule-wise, you all find the time?
    Self employed (some might say otherwise.) This time of the year is quiet for me.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    last 4 weeks have had me doing Max 67 miles, minimum 45miles but ascent for me has been poor. only about 3-5,000 ft.

Focus changes though this week with much more climbing aiming for that 10000ft from now on.
    you doin a BG or summert

I currently work in a Pub, and I don't start till the afternoon, so every morning is free for running, and I don't work weekends....very very lucky.

If I was still doing my landscape gardening job, it would be a diff story.

Normally aim for a minimum of 50, but try to run 220-250 miles a month, rarely get over 70 a week. Height gain depends where I'm working, 5000ft - 15000ft is normal.

Have a rest day once every few weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more. Depends on the racing.

Live in Snowdonia, no kids 2 collies, work's flexible so getting the miles in isn;t an issue.

Generally do 2 effort sessions a week, hill reps tuesday, track thursday lunch, and then do one longish road run mid week and a few fell runs through the rest of the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Scott View Post
    I expect great things from you in the future Mr Fowler.
    I expect 300 squats from him
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

If that is all you are doing for the performances you are producing, you clearly have alot of potential. I expect great things from you in the future Mr Fowler.
    That's what I thought!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    or summert
    Trying to keep up with Nicky

If that is all you are doing for the performances you are producing, you clearly have alot of potential. I expect great things from you in the future Mr Fowler.
    Cheers Roy!

I does worry me though that everyone seems to doing much more, even twice as much as i am. But as they say, what ever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Cheers Roy!

I does worry me though that everyone seems to doing much more, even twice as much as i am. But as they say, what ever works for you.
    Depends what you're training for as you say. If your aim is a long distance event then you have to put the mile in if your happy plodding a few miles a week then plod, if you want to do shorter stuff but faster then you do speed work - all relevant...ya gets me?!

Time is the major factor - frankly I'm pig sick of setting off in the dark at gone 7 at night in the snow, wind, rain and whatever else for at least 10 miles - mind you the fact I've got to get back invariably to transport one of the kids somewhere makes me get a bat on!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Depends what you're training for as you say. If your aim is a long distance event then you have to put the mile in if your happy plodding a few miles a week then plod, if you want to do shorter stuff but faster then you do speed work - all relevant...ya gets me?!

Time is the major factor - frankly I'm pig sick of setting off in the dark at gone 7 at night in the snow, wind, rain and whatever else for at least 10 miles - mind you the fact I've got to get back invariably to transport one of the kids somewhere makes me get a bat on!
    Very true.
    The light nights will soon arrive Em (i hope). You do sounds like your smashing this training out em, chuffed!