Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What's in your diary?

Re: What's in your diary?

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Nothing definite. Still sounding out knee before submitting Fellsman entry, most likely do FTOP, but last night just got a real hankering to do Saddleworth Fell Race again - my first race 4 yrs ago.
    As in ultrasound? I noticed it gave you some grief on the HPM, please go steady Gary you don't want a relapse.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    As in ultrasound? I noticed it gave you some grief on the HPM, please go steady Gary you don't want a relapse.
    No, not ultrasound...just 'listening' to what it's telling me. I had stopped doing the stretches in recent weeks, and think HPM was a bit of a wake up. I've since taught OH how to massage my ITB (owwww!) and have been hitting the foam roller and scaffolding pole a fair bit too. Pilates as well is doing great for my core strength and stability. All this and a bit of taking it easy (avoiding anything too long distance-wise, or too rough underfoot) should see me reet.

Cheers though. See you're still having some probs with yours?
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

No, not ultrasound...just 'listening' to what it's telling me. I had stopped doing the stretches in recent weeks, and think HPM was a bit of a wake up. I've since taught OH how to massage my ITB (owwww!) and have been hitting the foam roller and scaffolding pole a fair bit too. Pilates as well is doing great for my core strength and stability. All this and a bit of taking it easy (avoiding anything too long distance-wise, or too rough underfoot) should see me reet.

Cheers though. See you're still having some probs with yours?
    Yeah, i'm into month 7 or therabouts, i'll be updating my knee thread after saturday's physio appt. Worst part is i'm struggling to see an end or timescale of recovery of some sort, after extensive chewing it over i think that the knee MRI scan being clear suggests my ITB is waay too tight and pulling on my LCL ligament constantly rather than the ligament being inflamed still. I've taken to massaging my ITB myself in the bogs at work as this seems to alleviate the soreness. I'm running just enough to keep the stress and cabin fever at bay but i'm walking a fine line and just want rid.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Yeah, i'm into month 7 or therabouts, i'll be updating my knee thread after saturday's physio appt. Worst part is i'm struggling to see an end or timescale of recovery of some sort, after extensive chewing it over i think that the knee MRI scan being clear suggests my ITB is waay too tight and pulling on my LCL ligament constantly rather than the ligament being inflamed still. I've taken to massaging my ITB myself in the bogs at work as this seems to alleviate the soreness. I'm running just enough to keep the stress and cabin fever at bay but i'm walking a fine line and just want rid.
    Might be the wrong question to ask but have you seen a physio who does trigonal acupuncture, helps eliminate tightness and can be quite dramatic in results. Just a thought, apologies if it is earlier on thread....

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Might be the wrong question to ask but have you seen a physio who does trigonal acupuncture, helps eliminate tightness and can be quite dramatic in results. Just a thought, apologies if it is earlier on thread....
    I've had one acupuncture session but then that physio emigrated and the treatment was never continued, i'm only on the 2nd appointment with the latest one but they use Pilates techniques which hasn't been tried yet. I'm going to ask about acupuncture though.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

I may have spoke too soon (see elsewhere). Strict 2 wks off and take it from there. Have thought about accupuncture myself, and may get an appointment with a POSE coach next month.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Master

Nothing definite. Still sounding out knee before submitting Fellsman entry, most likely do FTOP, but last night just got a real hankering to do Saddleworth Fell Race again - my first race 4 yrs ago.
    Cracking race is Saddleworth...my local
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Coming up fast in my diary is the inaugural Brighton Marathon

When this madness is over I shall be getting back to proper running, with the Welsh 1000m race (half, fell-race version), and then progressing on to Saunders and then the Borrowdale, hopefully.

In the meantime, if any of you generous souls wish to sponsor me in my bid to raise funds for HemiHelp, please follow the link in my signature block - many thanks !
    Hills - good for the soul...
    http://honestsstories.blogspot.co.uk