Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This saturday

Re: This saturday

Blooming heck...I was wondering if I should do the XC on saturday and Commondale Clart on Sunday or if that would be a bit much...seems I am a wuss of the first order compared to you!

I too was entered into the XC championships by my club without my knowledge and found out about it on Monday. As women's captain and due to most of the women who were entered dropping out, I feel a bit obligated to go but want to run well at Commondale...am a bit scared of doing the XC, I'm not that good and I don't like crowds!! Oh yes and I don't have transport and will probably have to go by bus from Masham! Looking good so far

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm not sure that parking will be such a problem when arriving at 2:30 ish. Many of the earlier age group runners will have disappeared and I imagine that if you head for Park Avenue you'll find a few empty spots.

If I was mad enough to attempt such a feat, then I think I would head to Hebden Bridge, over the top to Oxenhope, Cullingworth, Shipley and work my way around the North end of Leeds.
    At least you should keep moving.
    On the M62 you can grind to a standstill at anytime.

I reckon you would need 1 hour to get from Lumbutts to Roundhay taking that route.
    in shipley and the north end of leeds on a saturday lunchtime you will grind to a standstill for certain!

avoid at all costs and use the motorway if you want to try it but 50mph limits on that bit at the mo. Enjoy noonstone and have a pint afterwards and relax - it just aint worth it!
    Leeds City AC: "Pure Sporting Delight"

Good for you Young Un. Do post if you decide to go ahead, so we can hear how it goes. I think everyone on here is well in favour of personal challenges - and yours has made us all feel really tired ... good luck on Saturday, you'll go charging past me somewhere in the first 200 yards.

[QUOTE=Young Un;309988]Interesting comments.

I am now thinking I will not attempt to get to the national xc after noonstone. Due to parking restrictions at Lumbutts and the organisers asking for runners to share transport I think it would be selfish of me to be in a car on my own just to try some 'crazy' feat of self interest.

What a refreshing unselfish approach. I like that.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"