Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anti inflammatory advice

Re: Anti inflammatory advice

Get to the root of the pain, you will regret in later lfe if you carry on taking pain killers

Quote Originally Posted by injury advice View Post
    Get to the root of the pain, you will regret in later lfe if you carry on taking pain killers
    An MRI revealed a prolapsed disc (I forget which one right now), which is the probable cause. So there's not much you can really do about this is there? - pilates / Alexander technique are said to help, but in the end running over rough terrain is still going to aggravate it isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by injury advice View Post
    As we age our kidneys gradually work less and less well, until it is "normal" for a 75 year old to have half the renal function of a 20 year old, and 1 in 2 people over 75 actually have chronic kidney disease. This is not often mentioned, presumably for fear of alarming the elderly. Once I found this out, I did not want to do anything to compromise my renal function any more than it is already, at 67, so taking anti-inflammatories is out for me, especially during long distance events where I always end up dehydrated. Another way I do not intend to risk my kidneys is by eating a high protein, low carb diet. I used to work on a renal dialysis unit and, believe me, kidney failure is not a happy prospect.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

I didn't know that about Pineapple and Ginger -that's interesting. I will try eating those and see if I feel any better. My massage therapist nj tells me to stay away from the anti inflammatory medications too but she hasn't actually told me why they're a problem. I'm happy to know that there are foods that have natural anti inflammatory properties that may be of benefit -good to know.

PS. Isn't the Isle of Man cold?

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    Pineapple is a natural anti inflamitory, so is Ginger.

Olive oil is an natural anti inflammatory. You can drink it and rub it on your skin.