Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trollers Trot

Trollers Trot - 3rd March

Must let you know about this one LDWA - starts from Grassington (Yorkshire Dales), down over moors to Barden and then up the river and back - just under 25miles. Fanstatic last year, was minus 13 on my way there (7am) and about minus 4 when we set off. Light sprinkling of snow adn the boggy bit over the moors was firm (dry feet, now thats a one off!!!), it just give a little on every step - perfect. Details on the LDWA web site - lets have a few more runners (about 40 last year)

Re: Trollers Trot - 3rd March

I did it last year and will be doing it this year. Great race. I have already mentioned it on the LDWA thread.
    I have the route in Word format (and Tracklogs V2 & V3) if anyone is interested. PM me

John

Full details

A tough 24ml walk from Upper Wharfedale Scholl, Threshfield in the picturesque Yorkshire Dales National Park, via Threshfield Moor, Winterburn Reservoir, Rylestone Moor, Barden Tower, Trollers Ghyll & returning to Grassington via Burnsall & along the banks of the River Wharfe. 3047ft of climb. Tracklogs route available via email. Start 8.00 am. Entry £8 (£9 on day) inc refreshments on route, cert & badge for all finishers & light meal at finish. Proceeds to Yorkshire Air Ambulance & Burley Methodist Church. SEF accepted, cheque to Trollers Trot.
    Contact:John SparshattAddress:30A, Sandholme Drive, Burley in Wharfedale, Ilkley, W Yorks. LS29 7RQTelephone:01943 864613Email:[email protected]

I'm in, race number 159 not my usual area but trying to get lots of longer races in this year. The whole route looks very runnable so could be a quickish time!

I'll be out the following week at Haworth

in for this one as well - memory map track available from

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/yorkshire...llers_trot.htm

a great site with loads of routes on. just need a bit of snow now!!

Really looking forward to this one now after Wadsworth was cancelled. Out for a long run yesterday and it was very muddy and I was slipping and sliding all over the place. Hopefully it might dry up a bit this week.

Let's try and have a word between the FRA members beforehand. My name is John Hallas and the organiser John Sparshat knows me and can point me out if asked. Looking forward to tomorrow. Weather should be Ok and temperature will be a bit warmer than last year.

Very happy with todays run 4:13 (17 minutes quicker than last year) on not much training. Seemed to be a big turnout with a lot more runners than last year. Did not meet any other forum members

Sounds good Johnny. Stringman was supposed to be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybike View Post
    Very happy with todays run 4:13 (17 minutes quicker than last year) on not much training. Seemed to be a big turnout with a lot more runners than last year. Did not meet any other forum members
    Hi Johnny

I was there but I'd not read your previous post. 254 competitors started and had the pleasure of running round gods own county. I asked around just after the start for any forumites and could only come up with Sheepdog.

I scared my self silly today I planned for a steady 4.20-30 run but by half way I was in fifth running a 3.30 pace

Eventually came in joint 7th with a guy from Team Accellerate after Sheepdog slipped past on the run down the river, my time was 3.38 by far the fastest I have gone over this distance, Roll on the Wuthering Hike next week.

We probably spoke after the race but I didn't think to ask around then.

Ian