Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Trollers Trot

how my heart was gladdened to see Monsieur Splatcher running with his pure silk headscarf again! It signalled my return to running and a sign of better weather...... having been out for 15 months it was great to see so many of the usual suspects today and despite my lack of fitness , boy, was I glad just to be out there running!When you have been out you don't half appreciate it! God how I have missed the luxuries of fell running.. 2 hotdogs with ketchup+onion, plus rice pudding and tinned fruit to finish, bring it on...
    Gala pie-its the future

Was definitely a fast runnable route today in perfect conditions, and given that I overtook quite a few between Barden Scale checkpoint and New Road checkpoint (and indeed through to the finish) I think more than a few overcooked the fast track running descent from the reservoirs. I too was pleased to get in under 4 hours - though only by a minute or 2!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunandrachel View Post
    how my heart was gladdened to see Monsieur Splatcher running with his pure silk headscarf again! It signalled my return to running and a sign of better weather...... having been out for 15 months it was great to see so many of the usual suspects today and despite my lack of fitness , boy, was I glad just to be out there running!When you have been out you don't half appreciate it! God how I have missed the luxuries of fell running.. 2 hotdogs with ketchup+onion, plus rice pudding and tinned fruit to finish, bring it on...
    aye-up Rach - I told you it'd be a good 'un :-)

I thought it was a fast run: I've just looked back through my records of every run I've done since 2009 when I started logging them. It's the fastest I've ever run over 20 miles: average 6.4mph.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

'Twas indeed a good day out again, them up front were damned quick though! I've been eating fairly well on recent stuff, but for some reason took hardly anything on board, and paid for it, blowing up badly and slogging out the last 8 or so. Even had to fertilize Appletreewick Pasture but managed to stagger back 4 minutes down on last year in 3.48'ish - even got a free sex change which is nice, at least I won something

As usual some inconsiderate cock had decided to discard gel wrappers; I picked up 3 SIS GO wrappers; there's no way they were dropped accidentally....if they were yours - shame on you!
    Last edited by alfa_scud; 09-03-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    ...managed to stagger back 4 minutes down on last year in 3.48'ish - even got a free sex change which is nice, at least I won something

As usual some inconsiderate cock had decided to discard gel wrappers; I picked up 3 SIS GO wrappers; there's no way they were dropped accidentally....if they were yours - shame on you!
    You must be Chris then - you passed me right at the end just before the bridge. Not my gel wrappers - if I were ever to own a gel it would stay in its wrapper & not set off on the run with me in the first place. Kendal Mint Cake - food of champions. And me. And the wrappers go in the bin before I leave home.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    You must be Chris then - you passed me right at the end just before the bridge. Not my gel wrappers - if I were ever to own a gel it would stay in its wrapper & not set off on the run with me in the first place. Kendal Mint Cake - food of champions. And me. And the wrappers go in the bin before I leave home.
    Indeed I am Andy, and I think actually it was you that passed me along the river when I was deciding whether or not I was still alive, then I got excited at nearly being home and managed to repass you!

Sorry, I typed that wrong about the wrappers; I meant You as in general not you as in specific, apologies if you thought I was accusing you (specific ). I'm a pork pie n Boost bar man usually, but neither happened on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    Indeed I am Andy, and I think actually it was you that passed me along the river when I was deciding whether or not I was still alive, then I got excited at nearly being home and managed to repass you!

Sorry, I typed that wrong about the wrappers; I meant You as in general not you as in specific, apologies if you thought I was accusing you (specific ). I'm a pork pie n Boost bar man usually, but neither happened on Saturday!
    I didn't take it personally Chris!
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

does anybody know if this is going ahead this year?

the website seems to have disappeared, and I can't find a date on t'interweb
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run