Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Trollers Trot

Re: Trollers Trot

Rob, do you know who came in first? Looks like Andy Dobby was leading for a good part of the way, but I forgot to check the results before we left and don't know the placings.

Martyn

p.s. Good effort!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

I'm assuming it was Dobby as well, he was off like a rocket at the start and it wasn't long before he disappeared. Unless he blew up I imagine he was way ahead. I'm not sure on the placings either, I know Sam Watson was up there as well and another two Wharfedalers but no idea what order they finished in.

p.s. Cheers
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    I'm assuming it was Dobby as well, he was off like a rocket at the start and it wasn't long before he disappeared. Unless he blew up I imagine he was way ahead. I'm not sure on the placings either, I know Sam Watson was up there as well and another two Wharfedalers but no idea what order they finished in.

p.s. Cheers
    I just found out that Andy did win it, he says his time was around 3:02. I couldn't have gone round that fast with jet propulsion strapped on
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I just found out that Andy did win it, he says his time was around 3:02. I couldn't have gone round that fast with jet propulsion strapped on
    I reckon I could run sub 3:10 if I managed not to blow up!! My blow up cost me a lot of time. I would've been comfortably 3:15 if I ran the second half as well as the first, but alas it wasn't meant to be.....
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

bit of a nightmare for me. my long standing knee injury flared up and resulted in a long trudge from the top of Trollers Ghyll. It was all looking pretty good until then. A steady start and constant overtaking had left me with high hopes of beating my 3.45 from last year. I wasn't to be (4.26 i think). my running mate strode on, overtaking about 20 people during the final slog and finishing just under 4 hours. If my knee hadn't blah, blah.

excellent running by Rob.
    good to see a lot of familiar faces and meet some new ones. I even met up with The Fellsman of youtube fame.
    Adam Speed
    P&B

Well I'm glad I didn't go with road shoes in the end! T'was quite a lonely day out for me - was all by myself pretty much from the top of Boss Moor onwards - but a successful one all the same. Rob Furness' trio came past me going up to Barden Moor and I kept them in sight pretty much all the way to that single-file bridge between Burnsall and Grassington when I totally died on my arse. Still, 9th in 3.30.something was quite a bit better than I was expecting (was aiming for top 20/3.40-ish), so all in all pretty chuffed. Was nice to be back over that way - may well have a pop at the Blubberhouses Moor 25 in a few weeks time.

ps. nice to meet you Rob!

Well done, chaps. 'Tis a good route. Did it in 2010 and really enjoyed it. As TT says, pretty much on my own and that final stretch up the river is a long way.
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 10-03-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimm Trab View Post
    ps. nice to meet you Rob!
    Aye, you too mate. Next time I'll try to spend less time lying on the floor whilst talking!
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post
    bit of a nightmare for me. my long standing knee injury flared up and resulted in a long trudge from the top of Trollers Ghyll. It was all looking pretty good until then. A steady start and constant overtaking had left me with high hopes of beating my 3.45 from last year. I wasn't to be (4.26 i think). my running mate strode on, overtaking about 20 people during the final slog and finishing just under 4 hours. If my knee hadn't blah, blah.

excellent running by Rob.
    good to see a lot of familiar faces and meet some new ones. I even met up with The Fellsman of youtube fame.
    Thanks very much to my charabanc comrades, great company andreally enjoyable day out. See you allthat the next self-inflicting massacre.

Andy Dobby starts as he means to finish

Sam Watson and Dave Kirkham...only 25 miles to run!

Andy Dobby with a massive lead after 5 miles

Dave Kirkham with colour co-ordinated leg and shoe!