Thread: Size 13 Inov8 fitting problems

Size 13 Inov8 fitting problems

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any other big-footed runners out there who might be able to lend a bit of advice. My current favoured shoe is a Roclite 315, which has been great in the winter with a pair of thick socks on, but now the summer's here (!) I'm struggling to lace them tight enough to stop my feet slipping inside them. I've tried all manner of different lacing "tricks", but the long and short of it is that I have long, narrow feet that just don't fit in with the average size 13 shoe last. I'm looking at buying a pair of mudclaw 330s for shorter races, hopefully the narrower "performance" last will solve some of the foot slippage, but I'm not sure how comfortable these shes will be on longer training runs/races over a couple of hours or more?

Colin

Banned

Re: Size 13 Inov8 fitting prob

Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if there were any other big-footed runners out there who might be able to lend a bit of advice. My current favoured shoe is a Roclite 315, which has been great in the winter with a pair of thick socks on, but now the summer's here (!) I'm struggling to lace them tight enough to stop my feet slipping inside them. I've tried all manner of different lacing "tricks", but the long and short of it is that I have long, narrow feet that just don't fit in with the average size 13 shoe last. I'm looking at buying a pair of mudclaw 330s for shorter races, hopefully the narrower "performance" last will solve some of the foot slippage, but I'm not sure how comfortable these shes will be on longer training runs/races over a couple of hours or more?

Colin
    Colin
    You could always try the narrower fitting ( performance fit) of the Roclite 285.We do it in size 13's
    Though this is slightly lower ( 2 arrow)and less cushioned than the Roclite 315 ( 3 arrow) you currently have.
    Its my personal favourite in the Roclites as its the same lower midsole as our fell shoes, has the same fit and a sticky sole.

Re: Size 13 Inov8 fitting prob

Okay, thanks for the advice. I will try and source some 285s from one of the online retailers!

Any chance you may be expanding anymore of your range upwards in size in the future?

Colin