Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyde Park Fell Running Club

Hyde Park Fell Running Club

The first meeting of the Hyde Park Fell Running Club was held on Wed 3rd March 2010. Zoot Horn Rollo, FarFromTheFells and Wheeze met up and ZHR and Wheeze enjoyed a quick dap around the park whilst FFTF sprinted to Victoria. It was agreed to meet up again 5.30 on Wed 10th March opposite the Albert Hall. All forumites who unfortunately find themselves in London on that date are welcome to join in!
    We shall look to be establishing a weekly run at a time and place that suits all....or even just dropping ectopics in whenever.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Re: Hyde Park Fell Running Clu

ZHR I might add then got a right monstering in his BritMilFit session and then had to run 25 mins home to Battersea to cap it all off.

Feel like I've been run over.

will you be wearing Inov8's or walsh's?!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    The first meeting of the Hyde Park Fell Running Club was held on Wed 3rd March 2010. Zoot Horn Rollo, FarFromTheFells and Wheeze met up and ZHR and Wheeze enjoyed a quick dap around the park whilst FFTF sprinted to Victoria. It was agreed to meet up again 5.30 on Wed 10th March opposite the Albert Hall. All forumites who unfortunately find themselves in London on that date are welcome to join in!
    We shall look to be establishing a weekly run at a time and place that suits all....or even just dropping ectopics in whenever.
    why dont you run to Greenwich
    theres a lovely hill nr the observatory

'tis a question of logistics old chap. Hyde Park is next to where we work. Greenwich is blummin' miles away! But who knows? We could eventually have a Capital Fell Running championship...Holland park, Primrose Hill, Hampstead Heath and Greenwich for starters. Could also incorporate Tower 42, the Gherkin and any other tall building race. And we could resurrect The Great London Underground Fell Race, incorporating running the wrong way up the longest escalators...a sort of troglodyte BG!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

'tis a question of logistics old chap. Hyde Park is next to where we work. Greenwich is blummin' miles away! But who knows? We could eventually have a Capital Fell Running championship...Holland park, Primrose Hill, Hampstead Heath and Greenwich for starters. Could also incorporate Tower 42, the Gherkin and any other tall building race. And we could resurrect The Great London Underground Fell Race, incorporating running the wrong way up the longest escalators...a sort of troglodyte BG!
    That sounds like a new round!!!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

a sort of troglodyte BG!
    Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    That sounds like a new round!!!
    Oh yeah, I guess that was your point!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

I work in central london too, Tottenham Court Road to be precise. Ill meet you there
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Sorry chaps (esses), I am afflicted with a foul lurgy (that roaring tubular devastation zone known as man-sore-throat) so will have to pass on tonights fun and games. Hopefully ZHR and FFTF will still be there?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Watch out chaps... this is how it starts.... you think you're joining Wheeze for a few laps of Hyde Park but the next thing you know, you'll be on a bike on a huge hill in Wales in the wind and rain, wondering how many more days there are to go until the madness stops

Believe me...... I know!
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"