Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trainers and conditions

Re: Trainners and conditions

lots, 8+ pairs in various states.

2 road (one for training and a LW race pair)

3 pairs of Montrails for long mountain tours 1 excellent condition, 2 older ones including the ones wore on my BG 2 years ago and the other from 4 years ago although the sole is actually showing signs of wear. Uppers in good condition (Innovate please take note)

1 pair of New balance LW's for summer trail runs 2 years old in good nick

1 pair of Wave harriers with good tread 18months old but will be binned in next week as sole is coming away on both shoes

3 pairs of innovate MC 330 1 brand new for tonights Hpm the 2 other pairs Hmmm
    both less than a year old (1pr only 6months old) running in the left boot from one pair and the right from the other as their respective partners have fallen apart

1pr Innovate MC 270 bought for lakeland trial 09. had 8 races only, soon to be binned for the above reasons.

If some one could come up with a sole comparable to the mudclaw(which is with out doubt the best grip and performance peak district sole) with an upper that stays in one piece for more than a year I would buy it.........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post

If some one could come up with a sole comparable to the mudclaw(which is with out doubt the best grip and performance peak district sole) with an upper that stays in one piece for more than a year I would buy it.........
    Maybe you should try the newest version, we have removed the stitching from the sides and put a stitch line right at the heel where its less likely to get caught.
    The web lacing is now double so more support and durable.

We do try and listen and tweak things.

Im all for more competition from other brands....because it then proves were on the right tracks.

Most brands see fellrunning as a fringe sport so will not invest in sole moulds and development.

Thats why Montrail highlanders etc wont be around.
    Its why Reebok binned the Fjellrunner.
    Why ETA went bust
    Why Sportiva/Salomon/NB/Adidas etc have one fell shoe of any note.
    Its why some brands have to tell their sponsored athletes that they must now wear their shoes in races even though we have all seem them in something else
    Its why you only get one choice or two 2 if your lucky from any brand.

Hey were not perfect ( no i do mean that) but fellrunning IS what we do its what were about.
    I always say inov-8 isnt right for everyone, the last thing I personally would want is to be the only brand in the market place.
    Last edited by Inov-8 Insider; 05-03-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Banned

Walsh PB Ultra Extreme 2 pairs (one with 50 miles one with 250)
    Mudclaw 270
    Roclite 320

Cover just about owt with that selection

Roads are a defo NO NO now for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ruck View Post
    Hi.
    Try the Heel Customisation.
    http://www.inov-8.com/Fine-Tuning-Fit.asp?L=26

Tim
    Just done it, they feel alot better now however I've got blisters on my hands from the steam from the kettle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lookmanohands View Post
    I've got blisters on my hands from the steam from the kettle
    Made me chuckle....We will have to put a warning about steam burns eh

Re: Trainers and conditions

Only been running 4 years but have yet to find a shoe that lasts as long as the guarantee.

They annoying ones were: -

Salomon XA PRO GTX - 4 months and they fell to pieces.

Roclite 315 - 2 runs, not enough padding in the soles so my knees hurt, blisters on my heals and dangerous on anything resembling wet rock. Gets my vote as the worse shoe i have owned.

Had some New balance road shoes that lasted 3 weeks before the lace loops came free. The NB trail shoes i have are great.

However i have had a pair of Montrail Highlanders for 3 years that are the best fell shoe i have owned - now discontinued and worn out.

I'm not sure the shoe i want is out there, loads of grip, loads of padding in the sole, deep enough to use in soles with a reasonable price tag.
    Last edited by DaveSwift; 05-03-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Gramatical error

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSwift View Post
    Only been running 4 years but have yet to find a shoe that lasts as long as the guarantee.

They annoying ones were: -

Salomon XA PRO GTX - 4 months and they fell to pieces.

Roclite 315 - 2 runs, not enough padding in the soles so my knees hurt, blisters on my heals and dangerous on anything resembling wet rock. Gets my vote as the worse shoe i have owned.

Had some New balance road shoes that lasted 3 weeks before the lace loops came free. The NB trail shoes i have are great.

However i have had a pair of Montrail Highlanders for 3 years that are the best fell shoe i have owned - now discontinued and worn out.

I'm not sure the shoe i want is out there, loads of grip, loads of padding in the sole, deep enough to use in soles with a reasonable price tag.
    Dave
    Sorry we wernt right for you.
    As for padding... well for off road use we believe you want to be able to feel the ground to help with Proprioception.
    There are loads of great comments on this forum as to the perfect shoe.

Smile Re: Trainers and conditions

Fell - Walsh PB elite racer, good grip, in Noonstone felt like a sock with studs, looking at a new fell trainer, not sure what though.

Training - Inov Roclite 305, comfy, good padding, trail shoe really, not enough grip on anything that sniffs of slightly severe-ish or wet rock.

Road - Some New Balance trainers, like the Roclites better on the road.

Started with some mudroc 290's a few years ago (binned now), comfy really good alround shoe, wanted abit more grip for more confidence on the steeper descents.

Bit superstitious about buying kit, particulary trainers, feel its bad luck around the corner on the injury front

You do need a few trainers though for different occasions, if only so you can put a dry pair on whilst another is drying out.
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

Is this true???? They're pretty much all I've used since I started fell-running as, for me, they're the best shoes out there. Going to have to see if I can bulk buy some size 10.5s on the internet now!

I have the same problem with space for insoles. The insole makes it feel like my shoe will come off, but without the extra insole I had a nasty tendon injury because of lack of arch support. I end up running in slippery trail shoes, just so I can keep the arch support insole inside.