Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Calderdale Hike

Re: Calderdale Hike

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Watching the Calderdale Hike today, a lad finishes looking in a bit of pain, got told he was shot in Afghanistan and told he'd never run again, hat's off to him, respect, pain and injury can't stop some folk. Feel guilty resting the knee now, don't want to make it worse but don't want to wimp out either. Anyway, it's not about me, just thinking aloud, Well Done that man. Inspirational effort!
    Yes very well done to that man indeed, what a star!

Didn't see you this time Splatcher but I did say 'Hi' to Toyota Crown. I ran with Emma early on but soon found out that she was firing on all cyclinders and I wasn't! We parted company near Gorple Gate and I ran with Colin from Tod Harriers for the remainder of the race, it was nice to have the company, thanks Col. I was never sure about the route which makes you a little hesitant but we didn't make any nav errors and even managed to sample a couple of alternative route choices which went well.

Very well done to Karen for a terrific run and to everyone else who took part. Someone said they thought the times were down on last year but not 100% sure why.....was it the heat early on or the mud?
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

Not sure about times. Mine was exactly the same as last year to the minute. The snow at Top of stair slowed us up but some other bits were drier than usual (including the cow poo farm after Grain water Bridge)

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Not sure about times. Mine was exactly the same as last year to the minute. The snow at Top of stair slowed us up but some other bits were drier than usual (including the cow poo farm after Grain water Bridge)
    That farm's known as Sh*t Farm to the local runners I believe. It's been much better than it used to be for 2 or 3 years now - I don't think it's the weather.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Watching the Calderdale Hike today, a lad finishes looking in a bit of pain, got told he was shot in Afghanistan and told he'd never run again, hat's off to him, respect, pain and injury can't stop some folk. Feel guilty resting the knee now, don't want to make it worse but don't want to wimp out either. Anyway, it's not about me, just thinking aloud, Well Done that man. Inspirational effort!
    Respect to that man...fair play to him.
    Big day out and really glad to have done it. Time? About 9.25... Hardly spectacular, but I'm happy with that, all things considered.

Would have recce'd it if I'd had the time, but good company (Gary and Jenny- thanks a lot) saw me through. Good to put names to faces Andy and Karen, but I was never going to be at your pace!

I think I'll do it again... Thanks to all involved in making it happen... Some of those checkpoints are pretty bloody remote!
    Last edited by lantern rouge; 15-04-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Respect to that man...fair play to him.
    Big day out and really glad to have done it. Time? About 9.25... Hardly spectacular, but I'm happy with that, all things considered.

Would have recce'd it if I'd had the time, but good company (Gary and Jenny- thanks a lot) saw me through. Good to put names to faces Andy and Karen, but I was never to be at your pace!

I think I'll do it again... Thanks to all involved in making it happen... Some of those checkpoints are pretty bloody remote!
    Well Done Simon:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

Glad you enjoyed it Simon - look out for you at the next one!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

how long does it normally take for the results to come out?..

I remember it being ages last year TC. I guess it's all a very manual process - kind of refreshing to see in this day and age of electronic timing !

FFS. No one will care by the time the results are up LOL

Give them a ring TC and chase them up. I'll type the results up for them if they're struggling.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners