Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training Partner.

Re: Training Partner.

Matt it's a pity the winter series has just finished as that would a have been perfect for you to come and run, staggered starts so you could have set of earlier without any worry of being left behind and it would have got you fitter and got your face noticed.

Matt,

The invitation to come and run with the Plodders for a few weeks is still open mate, you'd be very welcome if it would help get your confidence up a bit.

www.portervalleyplodders.co.uk

Also, I'm putting in my application for DPFR this week so I'd be happy to go along with you so you at least know one person.

Simon
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Matt, it must be very hard work - mentally as much as anything - to try and get back into fellrunning when you're carrying too much weight. More than other sorts of running probably?

So mightn't it be an idea to start getting some fitness back and some weight off some other way - and get a bit of confidence back - before having a fresh crack at the fells?

People on here will be fed up of hearing about this from me , but I can honestly say it got me fit very quickly, and with all it's work on leg strength, it's brilliant for the fells. And the weight flew off too.

http://www.britmilfit.com/

there's classes for all levels so don't fret about that. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Best of luck.

Smile Re: Training Partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
    Hello Everyone, After going out today up Ringing Roger it has finally dawned on me what has happened to me over the last 18 mths. I have been really ill with my Bipolar and with that and the change in Meds all of which make me put on weight over the last 18 mths. I am some 7 stone overweight and all my fitness has gone. We are talking 15 minute mile pace which i find embarrassing and when i see what a mess i am i also feel embarrassed to meet any of you. I live in Killamarsh near Sheffield and have a car and also use Virgin Gym in Sheffield. I am too embarrassed to go to my club Dark Peak because of the state of me. I really really want to lose this weight and get fit back to the long distance runner i was in my late teens early twenties. So i was wondering if anyone would want to train with me as i would find it really beneficial having company. If anyone is interested PM me. I would be very appreciative. I am 40 at the end of the year i don't want this to carry on into my 40's as i might not see 50. Cheers Everyone.
    Hey Matt, we haven't spoken before but I have followed your posts on the forum and just wanted pass on my good wishes for your well-being & hope to see you out on the fells one of these days. Never be embarrassed - if you out on the hills thats what counts, whatever speed you're going.
    Ali H - Glossopdale Harriers

Once again guys your all really kind it is very moving that people do seem to care about others and i hope i will be out there with you sooner than later.

Matt.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.